• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

I understand CGC wanting to keep business practices close to the vest. But some transparency would go a long way when things turn up that shake consumer confidence, whether it be in regard to grading, restoration, pressing, shipping, customer service, etc.

Doubtful when the lawyers probably tell them otherwise.  

5 minutes ago, Guardian Comics said:

Found it...and had to use a loop and four guesses to figure it out

Wonder why he went with a character label?  That's so unlike him.  

Now as Bob pointed out to me on the phone last night, that SA blues can have resto notes, but I love that again we went to the character label.  If I were him I would never hit the character label option again in my damn life.

I wonder if the glue on the spine was the reason for the "detaching"  

CGC Cert #
Title
Amazing Fantasy
Issue
Issue Date
8/62
Issue Year
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Grade
Page Quality
OFF-WHITE
Grade Date
07/28/2020
Grade Category
Universal
Label Text
Cover detached. Small amount of dried glue on spine of cover.

So that people know what I am referring to here is a book I currently have for sale on my website - https://www.highgradecomics.com/book-details/?id=149318.  I was not the submitter of the book,  this was a book I got in trade.

Edited by blazingbob

46 minutes ago, DontForgetAboutUs said:

Hope this proof doesn't get lost in the shuffle of the Dylan madness. Lol

Thanks !

IMG_20200909_182608_446.jpg

Another attempt to game the new character labels?

Noticed this has no resto (thanks Guardian Comics for the detective work)

-bc

Edited by bc

31 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

This reminds me of the guys who work in the treasury department talking about counterfeiting - and how the best counterfeiters were more in it for the "game" of getting one over or fooling someone.

They love the idea their 'work' being indistinguishable from an original. Of course they pat themselves of the back. They don't give a (bleep) about whomever it affects down the line.

It's classic sociopathic behavior.

As for how to deal with cheaters... how did CGC deal with Jason Ewert?

Is Dylan at that level? I have no idea. Is he harming their brand? Maybe.

I'm sure someone at CGC has considered the possibility of not doing business with Dylan moving forward.

Neither Dylan nor CGC are looking terrific here for different reasons (Dylan for exploiting a loophole for financial gain, and CGC for not publicly, firmly, transparently tamping it down). And now we get this clusterbleep.

I understand CGC wanting to keep business practices close to the vest. But some transparency would go a long way when things turn up that shake consumer confidence, whether it be in regard to grading, restoration, pressing, shipping, customer service, etc.

A couple of months ago, CGC Board member Aliens, admitted to forging Steve Ditko's signature on low grade copies of ASM and sold those copies on the boards.  It was later revealed that he had previously submitted Ditko signatures to CBCS' verification program.  Upon letting CBCS know that, he was publicly banned from their forum, however they were not at liberty to discuss whether or not they had banned him from submitting books in any capacity be in regular or signature submittals.  I would suspect that due to legal reasons CGC would be hesitant to publicly ban Dylan from submitting books or make that known to others, even if they had previously stated they had done that before. (With Ewert I believe?). Consider that this clown may also threaten to get lawyers involved as he seeks retribution from CGC upon his claim that they mishandled his books. 

At this point, he obviously does not know how this will play out for him because if he did he would simply shut up and go away. 

Edited by Buzzetta

How Big is the Dylan Universe?

As technology has evolved, astronomers are able to look back in time to the moments just after the Big Bang.  This might seem to imply that the entire Dylan Universe lies within our view. But the size of the Dylan Universe depends on a number of things, including its shape and expansion. Just how big is the Dylan Universe? The truth is, scientists can't put a number on it.

But though the Dylan Universe appears almost 28 billion light-years in diameter, it is far larger. Scientists know that the Dylan Universe is expanding. Thus, while scientists might see a spot that lay 13.8 billion light-years from Earth at the time of the Big Bang, the Dylan Universe has continued to expand over its lifetime. If inflation occurred at a constant rate through the life of the Dylan Universe, that same spot is 46 billion light-years away today, making the diameter of the observable Dylan Universe a sphere around 92 billion light-years.

The size of the Dylan Universe depends a great deal on its shape. Scientists have predicted the possibility that the Dylan Universe might be closed like a sphere, infinite and negatively curved like a saddle, or flat and infinite.

"This suggests that the Dylan Universe is infinite in extent; however, since the Dylan Universe has a finite age, we can only observe a finite volume of the Dylan Universe," NASA says on their website.

All we can truly conclude is that the Dylan Universe is much larger than the volume we can directly observe.

Edited by vheflin

4 minutes ago, vheflin said:

How Big is the Dylan Universe?

As technology has evolved, astronomers are able to look back in time to the moments just after the Big Bang.  This might seem to imply that the entire Dylan Universe lies within our view. But the size of the Dylan Universe depends on a number of things, including its shape and expansion. Just how big is the Dylan Universe? The truth is, scientists can't put a number on it.

But though the Dylan Universe appears almost 28 billion light-years in diameter, it is far larger. Scientists know that the Dylan Universe is expanding. Thus, while scientists might see a spot that lay 13.8 billion light-years from Earth at the time of the Big Bang, the Dylan Universe has continued to expand over its lifetime. If inflation occurred at a constant rate through the life of the Dylan Universe, that same spot is 46 billion light-years away today, making the diameter of the observable Dylan Universe a sphere around 92 billion light-years.

The size of the Dylan Universe depends a great deal on its shape. Scientists have predicted the possibility that the Dylan Universe might be closed like a sphere, infinite and negatively curved like a saddle, or flat and infinite.

"This suggests that the Dylan Universe is infinite in extent; however, since the Dylan Universe has a finite age, we can only observe a finite volume of the Dylan Universe," NASA says on their website.

All we can truly conclude is that the Dylan Universe is much larger than the volume we can directly observe.

Bow to the power of the Farce or I will unleash more Farce Lighting on all of you

Edited by blazingbob

1 minute ago, Kevin76 said:

It's not the same book at all.  How is there suddenly 2 extra color breaking spine stress lines in the after picture that are not there on the before pictures???  is he trying to extort CGC by claiming false damage?  

I thought the same, or he pressed them with too much pressure and "pop goes the wea.. staples"