• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Guardian Comics said:

Found it...and had to use a loop and four guesses to figure it out

Wonder why he went with a character label?  That's so unlike him.  

Now as Bob pointed out to me on the phone last night, that SA blues can have resto notes, but I love that again we went to the character label.  If I were him I would never hit the character label option again in my damn life.

I wonder if the glue on the spine was the reason for the "detaching"  

CGC Cert #
Title
Amazing Fantasy
Issue
Issue Date
8/62
Issue Year
Publisher
Marvel Comics
Grade
Page Quality
OFF-WHITE
Grade Date
07/28/2020
Grade Category
Universal
Label Text
Cover detached. Small amount of dried glue on spine of cover.

Awesome stuff! Glad the communities powers combined were able to find the answers! 

He's still a c*** though lol. Showing off only 1 book, and not both which as you saw he claims the 2nd one is a RESTORATION 3.5, so we'll see how it plays out.

5 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Which appears to have been badly botched...

The more I look at these pics, the less likely I believe that this damage can be attributed to a shipping issue.

The new damage would take two hands to create, unless he shipped them wrapped only in newspaper.

-bc

20 minutes ago, joeypost said:

the only explanation I could think of for 4 staples to pop is a gorilla was pre-grading these books. Maybe the Lions Den can confirm CGC has never hired any gorillas to work for them. 

Don't be ridiculous Joey!

Gorillas are only allowed to grade magazines at CGC - NOT comics!

image.png.cafcf776e2d9d70ed706aa121837fe57.png

so I don't have insta....

But has he somehow switched the topic of conversation?

from the AF15's to somehow restoration?

Based on the videos here, it appears he's off on a tangent, that ultimately distracts and pulls away from his "accusations" 

In other words he may have been bored or had some time on his hands, 

personally I enjoy a nice run through the fields :banana: 

2 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Don't be ridiculous Joey!

Gorillas are only allowed to grade magazines at CGC - NOT comics!

image.png.cafcf776e2d9d70ed706aa121837fe57.png

Overstreet Advisors are way over qualified these days.

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Based on the videos here, it appears he's off on a tangent, that ultimately distracts and pulls away from his "accusations" 

He posted one of the books 4.0 unrestored 

What is he complaining about?

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, joeypost said:

As I was not present when the book was graded or pressed, I can only speculate.

If this was comic disassembled to press undue pressure was put on the cover if it was pressed flat. If it was over hydrated or given a bath (the after image seems less tan to me) it could have weakened the paper fibers, especially if it was given a chemical bath. 

When the person working on the book tried to fold the cover back to insert the staples and interior pages it could have caused the spine to crack, because the paper was now rigid. Kind of like what happens to the spine when a comic cover is made out of card stock. 

They may have had a hard time getting the staples back in, or caused the paper to tear around the staples and used a dot of glue to hold it in place hoping CGC missed the glue. This would explain the popped staples and glue comments in the notes. 

The staples could have popped in-transit. Not likely to happen to two books and all 4 staples. 

CGC could have popped the staples. Again, since these were in the same invoice the only explanation I could think of for 4 staples to pop is a gorilla was pre-grading these books. Maybe the Lions Den can confirm CGC has never hired any gorillas to work for them. 

This makes perfect sense Joey.  As we now have scans of the 4.0 we know that this is not the book that he’s showing us the pics from. (The 4.0 is actually quite pretty)....so this has to be from the 2.5 that he has mentioned where it DID come back restored with the “cover cleaned” making your hypothesis even more plausible.

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

He posted one of the books 4.0 unrestored 

What is he complaining about?

he's sly that one lol 

Next it will be, "what AF 15's?" I don't recall THAT....... :insane: but he's found a new windmill 

Thanks for the heads up :) 

Destroy Them!!!!!!! 

vader do it tomorrow.jpg

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It because Danielle called him out over the restored books. So now he is trying to defend against that. 

Just now, wombat said:

It because Danielle called him out over the restored books. So now he is trying to defend against that. 

I'm just pointing out how "convenient"

That sounds.... Not that anything will come of it

But the more I think about it, he just wanted his name in the paper. :(

4 minutes ago, wombat said:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm just pointing out how "convenient"

That sounds.... Not that anything will come of it

But the more I think about it, he just wanted his name in the paper. :(

Just remember - restoration isn't restorative and therefore doesn't count as restoration, unless Dylan says so.

IMG_0503.PNG

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I guess since the beginning of the dylan universe 

He deleted the old account where he calls out cgc.

I guess we call that a win? (shrug)

He might have been served by actual lawyers a real cease and desist. 

15 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

He might have been served by actual lawyers a real cease and desist. 

That makes the most sense, but good nerdy girl for being cool and collective! It's just now seemingly it's moved on from the original situation and she's stuck in the middle :( 

Edit: this is all just to clarify the current situation, that it's lost steam

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

After seeing the video I recognize this kid, he started up a YouTube channel a couple years ago and a well known YouTube called him out for promising to pay him just to shout him out to give him some subscribers. Then he just sent him a handful of dollar books. He’s a real tool. He has no social awareness. 

5 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

After seeing the video I recognize this kid, he started up a YouTube channel a couple years ago and a well known YouTube called him out for promising to pay him just to shout him out to give him some subscribers. Then he just sent him a handful of dollar books. He’s a real tool. He has no social awareness. 

This is good info, just cause it seems he's the shouting into the wind type. I could be wrong but in any regard

tenor.gif :insane: 

If this had happened to me (I've never had 2 or even 1 AF 15), I think I would be posting as much information as clearly as possible and establishing a timeframe, multiple extremely clear photos, provide who pressed the comics, every last detail, etc to prove my side of the issue. All of his nonsense is convoluted forcing people to make assumptions because he refuses to be forthright. In my experience in life, its the sign of someone not being honest.