• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Sorry, but I strongly disagree.

I have an active interest in helping my fellow board members whenever possible. This involves various aspects of our hobby, including exposing what appears to be (at this point) fraudulent behavior. So far, the evidence in this case has shown that CGC doesn't appear to be at fault in any way, shape or form. All we have are blurry photographs and ill-advised videos.

Moreover, my presence here also involves alerting my fellow board members to anyone who condones this type of behavior. I sincerely hope you're not one of those people...  hm

Well its good you got appointed Judge in your Fake Court of Opinion, you have that going for you. 

16 hours ago, DontForgetAboutUs said:

Pretty sure he damaged the AF15 while making a "s***" joke on his toilet. Think  that sums up how the book was "mishandled". Whose he claiming insurance on? His plumber?

IMG_20200910_100912_745.jpg

Don't have to blur the image if you'd need a microscope to see something...

2 minutes ago, Ready Fire Aim said:

He has more credibility and knowledge about these subjects than you do so I'm not seeing a problem here.

Neither am I. Why would you not see a problem taking into account his overall course of action/actions in the past?

1 minute ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Also, in one post, he keeps saying the presser “pressed in” the little piece and then CGC lost it?  How does one “press in” a piece if it’s already completely detached from the rest of the cover?  What am I missing?

Could be pressure seating, but the pieces often fall back off. Maybe they tried glue prior to pressing (another one of his left field views about restoration) since CGC notes certain golden age books that have glue on them, yet keep a blue label. 

6 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Also, in one post, he keeps saying the presser “pressed in” the little piece and then CGC lost it?  How does one “press in” a piece if it’s already completely detached from the rest of the cover?  What am I missing?

That he might have loosened the staples on a detached cover and stuck the torn pieces of cover between the gap and pressed the staples back in so the cover would be attached, but loose.

It's a trick that has been talked about before. 

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I would say a bad press and probably bad cleaning.  Whoever cleaned the 2.5 cover had no clue what they were doing because of the amount of ink loss in certain areas.  Given Dylans history I wouldn't be surprised at all if he tried to get creative and pressed/cleaned these books on his own and ended up damaging them both and is trying to get CGC to pay for his screw up.  There are so many things that can cause a cover to come off during press clean.  If during pressing it could be building too much of a buffer, too much pressure, cover sticking to buffer with buffer sticking to platen and on and on and on...  We'll never know but I would put a few bucks on the covers popping during a wet wash.  If those covers were wet washed by someone who doesn't know what they're doing then thats probably where it happened.  If done improperly and the paper around the staples get wet, any amount of pressure will detach the cover.  I can tell the 2.5 cover was wet washed but I'm not so sure about the 4.0.  If the 2.5 was, the 4.0 probably was as well. 

That would mean that CGC missed the wet washing on the 4.0

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

So wait.....

Chemical washing gets a conserved label????

EFC532D8-5E22-4FA3-9678-F9568F4FDEAF.jpeg

If they detect it. From what I understand, an aqueous bath is easy to detect, while some chemical baths are a lot harder.