• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Yes, in fact there's a post on IG of someone doing it to a book with mold.

You can do a lot to a comic IF you don't plan on sending it in for grading. Lots of defects and stains can be removed to make the book look better, but the book obviously is now conserved or restored. 

6 minutes ago, namisgr said:

More importantly, can you wet wash someone's involvement in the hobby?  Just reading about these shenanigans makes one dirty and in need of restoration.

I can’t believe the amount of shenanigans going on when it comes to grade manipulation.  I thought I was fairly well informed, but now I’m starting to feel like a newb.:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t believe the amount of shenanigans going on when it comes to grade manipulation.  I thought I was fairly well informed, but now I’m starting to feel like a newb.:facepalm:

Your head would spin if I shared what some of my ex customers asked me to do to certain books. When I refused they said they would find someone else to do it. 

5 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Never listened to his music, but I absolutely cannot stand that six nine guy.  However, he’s definitely seeming more and more appealing to hang out with rather than the destroyer.

"Dyldo the Destroyer"...hmm...has a nice ring to it...

-bc

7 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Your head would spin if I shared what some of my ex customers asked me to do to certain books. When I refused they said they would find someone else to do it. 

It used to be that we’d buy CGC books because we knew what we were getting.  

Now the slab is a way to hide shenanigans behind plastic.

Feel like CGC is jumping the shark.