• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Read the thread :baiting:

I was looking for a short cut so instead of spending time reading and making sure I have every detail about Dylan, I could better use that time spent analyzing the images. I mean, that's what's on trial here, right? The evidence. Not the backstory. I wanted to focus on that and get right to it. 

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I was looking for a short cut so instead of spending time reading and making sure I have every detail about Dylan, I could better use that time spent analyzing the images. I mean, that's what's on trial here, right? The evidence. Not the backstory. I wanted to focus on that and get right to it. 

Click the link

I posted all the images :makepoint:

On 9/9/2020 at 8:24 AM, Guardian Comics said:

We all saw Matt Nelson's  video in which he so roughly handled that Superman #1. Of course, if you handle a book like a telephone book the covers could detach.

This is it, IMO! An opportunity presents itself, and someone tries to capitalize on it. This was the impetus, the seed for the "CGC damaged" my AF 15s incident, much like when Floppy Bubbles saw the Hulk 2-6 with the coverless #1, the idea struck him to create his listing. If the owner of the AF 15 posted those two pictures, before and after, IMO, and they are indeed the same book, there's no possible way that the AF 15 in the top picture could accrue an extra 20 years worth of wear and tear at the spine, let alone a staple pulled through the paper. And as someone mentioned, "it looks like a 3 year old graded it that was mad at the book", I paraphrase; something like that. IMO, it's a set up against CGC using the Matt Nelson scenario as the impetus. 

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Ouch!!!!! My aching head. Thank you. I pretty much have a good idea of it now. The images tell the story pretty much + the Matt Nelson video story = half-baked CGC smear/extortion plot, IMO.

He actually had people supporting him for the first couple hours of his post but I think support has waned quite a bit

(Thanks to this thread and an onslaught on his IG account)

3 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Do I have to go through the 30 pages of posts to ask if this is the same Amazing Fantasy 15 he has been taking pictures of with on social media for the past 12 months.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ISwPWHlc8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 2.42.01 PM.png

Anyways I am having flashbacks from the robert beerbohm story.

This reminds me of George in Seinfeld TV show.

7 hours ago, joeypost said:

Your head would spin if I shared what some of my ex customers asked me to do to certain books. When I refused they said they would find someone else to do it. 

I love to hear.  It would be a great thread

7 hours ago, wombat said:

That is very interesting. If slabs are hiding defects you would find in hand that seems pretty terrible. Kind of the opposite of what the expectation is. 

Inconceivable!  Can you imaging what would happen if a comic book grading company actually did tha.....  oh wait...  

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Shut up Bob. This will be good! :popcorn:

FB_IMG_1599711485291.jpg.78118f10fd38de5881473a76cf39e506.jpg

Although this does not work for pennies,  if you soak your books in water then microwave them for 2 minutes it works better than a Dylan press..