• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

From his Scoop interview:

Scoop: How did you become an Overstreet Advisor?
DS: I studied comics until I felt like I was an expert. I talked to some other dealers, and they thought it was a fair idea. [Gemstone Publishing’s Creative Director] Mark Huesman reached out, and asked for a report of the market; I had no idea it would be published.

Overstreet is probably noticing that it needs to get younger dealers in place to carry on the torch in the future. There would be a lot of gray showing on those back page pictures if advisors were told to send in updated photos! (some going back to the 1990s!)

While there are qualified individuals (see the Reeces) who make the cut in both knowledge and integrity, the growth in that area is probably moving at a snails pace. It's their vetting that must be worked on.

jcZapLnAtM-YtLbBFW0SfxtJtpwdfXNadn1HduCL

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

I was asked a little while back would I consider being an advisor. All I was told was I had to contribute a report for the OSPG, and needed two respected people in the industry to vouch for me. I could have easily gotten 3-4 well respected dealers to do that for me, but I felt I really did not qualify at the time. Based on Mr. D making it in I, may have to rethink joining, but would never do so as long as he is still a group member.  

There are more then a few that are suffering from EC

EC - Ethically challenged for those still guessing

Edited by blazingbob

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

”fake news” card played :facepalm:

Oh the irony....

"left out the rest of story" - like not fully disclosing the trimming on the character label books he was peddling or "consolidating" your posts to hide evidence

"this is a community we do not do that to each other" - again, like incorrectly grading books and trying to game the new character labels or threatening frivolous lawsuits

"most people don't know how to grade at all" - see that moldy Giggles #3 he claimed was an "ugly 8.0"

"that is the only way we learn and achieve" - you haven't learned anything from all this even after being called out on numerous occasions

-bc

Painfully transparent. All I see is an insincere attempt at damage control. His true colors have shown...can’t undo that overnight.

Will take years of shutting his mouth and conducting consistently honest business, while demonstrating respect and maturity, to dig his way out of this one. No shortcuts...

6 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Seller can’t grade, books were dropped shipped from a Alabama fulfillment center
Batman: Dark Knight Returns #1-4 DC-1986-FRANK MILLER-1st Printing-HIGH GRADE (#224075389447)
Buyer: a***t (860)
US $93.00
Past month
Reciprocal feedback- View feedback left by dylanauctions for the member who left feedback for dylanauctions
Reply by dylanauctionsLeft within past month.
I did not give a grade. 2 dealers said #1 was 8.5, and 9.0 labor is cheaper AL

Now big D has a warehouse in Alabama? lol

3 minutes ago, vheflin said:
Seller can’t grade, books were dropped shipped from a Alabama fulfillment center
Batman: Dark Knight Returns #1-4 DC-1986-FRANK MILLER-1st Printing-HIGH GRADE (#224075389447)
Buyer: a***t (860)
US $93.00
Past month
Reciprocal feedback- View feedback left by dylanauctions for the member who left feedback for dylanauctions
Reply by dylanauctionsLeft within past month.
I did not give a grade. 2 dealers said #1 was 8.5, and 9.0 labor is cheaper AL

Now big D has a warehouse in Alabama? lol

So what do we know and its chronological order?

1. Mr. D. buys two copies of AF 15

2. Mr. D documents the shape that the two AF 15's are in.

3. Mr. D is seen taking many pictures of himself with the AF 15's. (Do we know time frame of him purchasing them to sending them in to be cleaned and pressed).

4. Mr. D ships books to BC, Canada.

5. Book 1 is dry cleaned and pressed.

6. Book 2 had tape removed using a combination of chemicals and dry eraser before sending to presser. (Have we established no water was used?)

7. Books were shipped from BC, Canada to Mr. D. 

8. Presser/cleaner states staples were intact but fragile.

9. CGC grades books.

10. Book 1 comes back 4.0 with staples detached. (Was this graded before and what was the old grade).

11. Book 2 comes back 2.5 conserved with staples detached. (Was this graded before and what was the old grade).

12. Mr. D states CGC damaged the books and caused the popped staples to both books

Edited by joeypost

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

So what do we know and its chronological order?

6. Book 2 has tape removed using a combination of chemicals and dry eraser. (Have we established no water was used?)

7. Books were shipped from BC, Canada directly to CGC. 

Presser/cleaned says tape was removed prior to him doing his work. 

Books were shipped from presser/cleaner back to Big D.