• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, 427Impaler said:

My comment regarding an insinuation was directed to the other boardie.  I appreciate you linking my lignin thread.

ill try to dig up the pics and post them in a good chronological way.  Obviously I don’t have the graded pics but we know where they are.

taking care of some stuff so will search gather them in the morning

cheers

My last set of questions would be this

Since you mentioned that you are one of those ballistic "packers" do you tape the books to the Cardboard on all 4 sides?

Were the books in 4 ml mylar/open top?  Poly bags?  2 ml mylite?

The only way I've seen paper loss is when packing tape gets stuck to the top of a book that has popped out of the top of the mylar or if the mylar splits and the book gets caught on the tape holding the book in place.

20 minutes ago, bc said:

Some more of Dyldo's Neutral feedback....

image.thumb.png.0f2092dd6dcf174d78c9bf4ae3fa95c5.png

-bc

Slow shipping. Didn't mention detached cover.    reply: Yes, Was Very Slow Week. We offer Free Returns-We do our best

Slow shipping. Good price, but spine split and page tears not noted   reply: Yes Was Very Slow Week. We stand behind every single item we sell

Heavy Color Touch/Torn/Taped pages. 6.5?? Refunded but still $7 to send bad resto   reply: We missed the taped tears but there was no resto whatsover.

Sorry, but the bottom staple is barely attached to the cover. Not listed in bid   reply: Said was attached at both staples-which it was. 

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

From his Scoop interview:

Scoop: How did you become an Overstreet Advisor?
DS: I studied comics until I felt like I was an expert. I talked to some other dealers, and they thought it was a fair idea. [Gemstone Publishing’s Creative Director] Mark Huesman reached out, and asked for a report of the market; I had no idea it would be published.

Overstreet is probably noticing that it needs to get younger dealers in place to carry on the torch in the future. There would be a lot of gray showing on those back page pictures if advisors were told to send in updated photos! (some going back to the 1990s!)

While there are qualified individuals (see the Reeces) who make the cut in both knowledge and integrity, the growth in that area is probably moving at a snails pace. It's their vetting that must be worked on.

Hmmm.....

flame.jpg

In the other thread regarding this dealer, I mentioned what a PITA experience I endured with him on ebay. I left him 4 neutrals that he agreed with, commenting so under each one. Then they were removed in less than a week. I should have left him the 4 negatives that he so richly deserved.

If I see that he is the seller on a book, I pass on it, no matter how bad I want a copy.

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

”fake news” card played :facepalm:

#eyeofthetiger :insane:

Undergrading?  I went through his auctions and many of his older books were badly overgraded.  That Giggle Comics is just the tip of the iceberg.  And that's just defects I can see from front and back pics.  God knows what defects I can't see. That a seller can earn a 99% positive feedback rating on ebay selling like that amazes me.  Clearly buyers are looking at the scans and bidding accordingly and ignore his listed grade.  I also noticed a fair number of his listings that had more than one grade, usually a grade in the auction title and a lower grade in the auction text.

I think we all want young people to come in this hobby and embrace it and want to pass on the hobby to the next generation but just because they're young and aggressive and keen doesn't mean they're honest, mature or knowledgeable.  

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

Undergrading?  I went through his auctions and many of his older books were badly overgraded.  That Giggle Comics is just the tip of the iceberg.  And that's just defects I can see from front and back pics.  God knows what defects I can't see. That a seller can earn a 99% positive feedback rating on ebay selling like that amazes me.  Clearly buyers are looking at the scans and bidding accordingly and ignore his listed grade.  I also noticed a fair number of his listings that had more than one grade, usually a grade in the auction title and a lower grade in the auction text.

I think we all want young people to come in this hobby and embrace it and want to pass on the hobby to the next generation but just because they're young and aggressive and keen doesn't mean they're honest, mature or knowledgeable.  

Don't forget that eBay seems to remove just about any negative or neutral feedback so long as the seller requests they do so.  Lord knows what has been removed from his feedback profile to date.

Can't say I've bought from this guy before, but his behavior just seems so...unsettling. Immature, aggressive, hostile...I can't imagine I'd ever want to buy a book from someone who acts this way. And that completely sets aside any issues with overgrading or hiding restoration, which I don't have any information to comment upon.