• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, joeypost said:

I was asked a little while back would I consider being an advisor. All I was told was I had to contribute a report for the OSPG, and needed two respected people in the industry to vouch for me. I could have easily gotten 3-4 well respected dealers to do that for me, but I felt I really did not qualify at the time. Based on Mr. D making it in I, may have to rethink joining, but would never do so as long as he is still a group member.  

You’re way more qualified than Dyldo is. It would be interesting reading a “market report” by you (or someone that is in your particular segment of the hobby).  

Just now, chrisco37 said:

You’re way more qualified than Dyldo is. It would be interesting reading a “market report” by you (or someone that is in your particular segment of the hobby).  

It’s really simple. 

News of new movie. I get hundreds of that title and or book. 

News of a new character being introduced in a new movie. I get hundreds of that book. 

Some site speculated on a book. I get in hundreds of that book. 

I do have other insights but I will save those if I ever become an OSPG adv. 

9 minutes ago, vheflin said:

bigD.thumb.jpg.4cf5ca9a149874c9610b8d432b793acd.jpg

Last 30 days he had 1,126 feedbacks.  My experience selling on feebay is that about 1 out of 4 buyers leave feedback so 1,126 x 4 is around 4,500 sales last month (150/day)*.  He has about 1 buyer feedback for every 18 as seller so it's mostly sales.

He's moving a lot of something, somewhere.

*I only ever sell old stuff, no comics, so maybe comic buyers leave feedback at a different rate or buyers hate me? lol

99.7% is prob stellar in a lot of industries, but when it comes to ebay comic sellers, it's really not that hard to get 100%, or 99.9% at the worst.  Less than that and it usually indicates problems with that seller.  (full disclosure:  I only have 600+ feedback on ebay - but its 100% positive)

Edited by DS Comics
typo

2 minutes ago, joeypost said:

It’s really simple. 

News of new movie. I get hundreds of that title and or book. 

News of a new character being introduced in a new movie. I get hundreds of that book. 

Some site speculated on a book. I get in hundreds of that book. 

I do have other insights but I will save those if I ever become an OSPG adv. 

Nice.  When can you sign my box?

41 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

I have a question, does anyone know if CGC has some sort of imaging protocol for arriving books?  I would really like to see the condition of the box on arrival.

Cgc says that they take a picture of every book before going into a slab. I do not know how long they keep the pictures or if this is true. As I have never seen any scans from cgc. 

4 minutes ago, DS Comics said:

99.7% is prob stellar in a lot of industries, but when it comes to ebay comic sellers, it's really not that hard to get 100%, or 99.9% at the worst.  Less than that and it usually indicates problems with that seller.  (full disclosure:  I only have 600+ feedback on ebay - but its 100% positive)

Yes I have maybe 70 sales on my eBay but I still have 100% positivity. I just try to be as transparent as possible and take a lot of photos if I am selling raw books. But I think this guy lacks transparency. :shy:

5 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Undergrading?  I went through his auctions and many of his older books were badly overgraded.  That Giggle Comics is just the tip of the iceberg.  And that's just defects I can see from front and back pics.  God knows what defects I can't see. That a seller can earn a 99% positive feedback rating on ebay selling like that amazes me.  Clearly buyers are looking at the scans and bidding accordingly and ignore his listed grade.  I also noticed a fair number of his listings that had more than one grade, usually a grade in the auction title and a lower grade in the auction text.

I think we all want young people to come in this hobby and embrace it and want to pass on the hobby to the next generation but just because they're young and aggressive and keen doesn't mean they're honest, mature or knowledgeable.  

100% agree 

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

His grading is so removed from reality, so aggressively ambitious that after seeing only a half dozen or so of his raw graded ebay listings I immediately included him to my seller ID block on my various saved ebay searches. Saves time.

What he's doing is to try stirring the pot, join the other BSD sellers, the big dogs, like Metro, Bob, Chuck, etc., the household names. But instead of using a stick, he's using a limp noodle, not only is the grading comical at best, but the inventory is weak. Instead of trying to be a big fish in a small pond, it would be better business to improve what he does do, being a small fish in a big pond. He could excel at that, not everybody is Metro, Probstein, Bob, or other big fish. 

So he's doing is the Reality Show schtick. That's why the histrionics. The inventory is too weak to make any type of splash anyway else, IMO.

Definitely seems like a Reality Show. He's the new character Dyldo on Jersey Shore..

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

For anyone following the time frame... is it possible that either of these copies were the toilet copy used in his toilet video of his toilet humor? 

Basically were any of his toilet videos or pictures filmed after he would have received the books back?

Because all it takes is one slip up from holding it as you are getting up or down on the throne and that cover is coming right off. 

I think you probably solved the issue right there. Head so far up his own a... He forgot he was handling a "$60k" book.  Only thinking how cool am I that I can hold a mega key while dropping a deuce.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit if that was a still from a video and it shows up on some german sheissa fetish website. 

Just now, Wall-Crawler said:

As someone who hopes to one day own an AF #15, this is just infuriating...This doofus doesn't deserve what daddy has handed off to him. 

Are we actually sure it is his father ? Or maybe it's his proverbial " daddy" got some sugar going on.