• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, bc said:

It's an "ugly" VG

-bc

I think we should stop besmirching the word "ugly".  From now on, I propose that all laughable assigned grades, from any seller, should be referred to as a "dylan" grade.  

By the definition which I'm proposing, referring to any grade as a "dylan" signals to all potential buyers that the particular book is has been assigned a grade that has been inflated by at least a factor of 1.5. 

Ergo, his Kid Colt 110 is a dylan VG (reality, probably a 2.0/2.5), the JIM 85 is a dylan G/VG (reality, probably a 1.5, 2.0), etc.

Maybe I should be an Overstreet Advisor...

Edited by mattn792

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

I think we should stop besmirching the word "ugly".  From now on, I propose that all laughable assigned grades, from any seller, should be referred to as a "dylan" grade.  

By the definition which I'm proposing, referring to any grade as a "dylan" signals to all potential buyers that the particular book is has been assigned a grade that has been inflated by at least a factor of 1.5. 

Ergo, his Kid Colt 110 is a dylan VG (reality, probably a 2.0/2.5), the JIM 85 is a dylan G/VG (reality, probably a 1.5, 2.0), etc.

I would be in favor,  but with how widespread his issues are a Dylan grade could also mean heavy foxing,  mold, hidden resto, detached staples, or that the book wants to destroy cgc..

44 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

4 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Not even close, IMO...

download.jpeg.f506959de6ccf0404d61cdafa002c900.jpeg

Now I know where I've seen this kid before.

47 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Couldn't agree more, but could we short form it so if your looking at a book you could say "Oh that's definetly a DY 7.0"?