• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2020 at 8:41 PM, The Lions Den said:

Most folks may not realize this, but when something of this nature happens it immediately impacts the CGC process. And if one part of the process is affected, it can cause problems in other areas. 

So bravo, Dylan---thanks for nothing...  :golfclap:

You're assuming a lot here. Primarily that CGC gives a mess. The fact pattern of tone deafness over a wide range of issues relating to their slab causing undue damage over the years should be evidence enough. However when they damaged one of my books, I was pretty much told I sent it in that way. There was no change in process, they denied the problem could have ever happened at their place of business.

I really don't know who this Dylan character is outside of the posts made on these boards about his past conduct and practices, however it sounds like CGC have already kicked him and his grievances to the curb.

Looks like business as usual to me.

15 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

You're assuming a lot here. Primarily that CGC gives a mess. The fact pattern of tone deafness over a wide range of issues relating to their slab causing undue damage over the years should be evidence enough. However when they damaged one of my books, I was pretty much told I sent it in that way. There was no change in process, they denied the problem could have ever happened at their place of business.

I really don't know who this Dylan character is outside of the posts made on these boards about his past conduct and practices, however it sounds like CGC have already kicked him and his grievances to the curb.

Looks like business as usual to me.

Do you still submit books? The reason I ask is how did it affect your business relationship with them...I mean I've had a couple problems and it was frustrating...but the scales of justice in Dylans case suggest are left weighing because of his less then reputable character

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

... is it possible that either of these copies were the toilet copy used in his toilet video of his toilet humor? 

I too would like to know which toilet book is the toilet book that was shown as the toilet book.

16 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Do you still submit books? The reason I ask is how did it affect your business relationship with them...I mean I've had a couple problems and it was frustrating...but the scales of justice in Dylans case suggest are left weighing because of his less then reputable character

Full stop for me. There were other factors, but the treatment I got was the last straw. The very person who accused me of sending the book in that way had also been quite good at calling me on the phone asking for my help in the past with submissions. I never once expected anything in return, certainly not any preferential treatment, but to accuse me of sending a book that way meant he never really gave a mess about me, or the fact I would always put down whatever I was doing to at the very least offer an opinion, or that he had enough respect for me to believe I wouldn't make such a thing up. It was all about brooming my concerns to the curb. Happened 12 years ago and I still haven't found a replacement.

I've already said my piece on this whole situation here, and I'll admit I can't even get past the first few pages because his flippant attitude is off-putting. But as someone that has been a member here as long as I have, I would just caution everyone here to take some of the things being said by him as having happened to others. The scans I had were no help, CGC already made up their mind, and I was SOL the moment I handed over my book and trusted them with my property. I would have loved to have been given the benefit of the doubt or even an apology, but that would have meant admitting they messed up, and that's something they won't ever admit.

Edited by comicwiz

4 hours ago, Black_Adam said:
4 hours ago, 427Impaler said:

I have a question, does anyone know if CGC has some sort of imaging protocol for arriving books?  I would really like to see the condition of the box on arrival.

Would be very surprised if they took a pic of every comic pre-grading, let alone the shipping box they were packed in.

In the early days of CGC, I seem to recall pictures either on their website or in their adds of a package being opened under a high resolution camera to record the condition of the books as they arrived.  I currently found the following information mentioned on their website about the grading process.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/grading-process/

Camera.thumb.jpg.450fa6bc1094417442fa2862bc9b0f47.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:

I really don't know who this Dylan character is outside of the posts made on these boards about his past conduct and practices,

He's just a kid, acting like a kid. Take everything he does and says with that in mind and an extra grain of salt.

I think he's 18 if you go by a one year old YT video where he states he's 17. 

One thing that I've noticed in more recent pics posted by the presser is the hand-written "3.00" inside the top of the "A" of the title of the lower grade copy. I have yet to see (unless I simply missed it) a pic from Dylan showing a wide angle after-shot of the lower grade copy where we can see both the "3.00" mark AND the botched lower staple and lower spine at the same time.

Dylan keeps using the convenient excuse that IG is cropping his scans. He actually goes out of his way to make sure that everybody is aware that THIS is the reason for the cropping as though he is incapable of figuring out how to get around this simple problem.

This just seems very suspicious to me. Are there some switcheroo shenanigans going on here? Awfully convenient that there are two of the same issue involved here. We still have yet to see the full picture here, both figuratively and literally.

9 minutes ago, Rick Rizun said:

One thing that I've noticed in more recent pics posted by the presser is the hand-written "3.00" inside the top of the "A" of the title of the lower grade copy. I have yet to see (unless I simply missed it) a pic from Dylan showing a wide angle after-shot of the lower grade copy where we can see both the "3.00" mark AND the botched lower staple and lower spine at the same time.

Dylan keeps using the convenient excuse that IG is cropping his scans. He actually goes out of his way to make sure that everybody is aware that THIS is the reason for the cropping as though he is incapable of figuring out how to get around this simple problem.

This just seems very suspicious to me. Are there some switcheroo shenanigans going on here? Awfully convenient that there are two of the same issue involved here. We still have yet to see the full picture here, both figuratively and literally.

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Do you think Dylan would have been more well received if his IG post was

"I will interact with CGC in a pro social manner, responding rather then reacting, expressing myself in a civilized manner"?

Thank you for my popped staples,  they are very nice!

20200912_205114.jpg.090daef3ab3b571ffd1e5865ae00da9f.jpg

18 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Do you think Dylan would have been more well received if his IG post was

"I will interact with CGC in a pro social manner, responding rather then reacting, expressing myself in a civilized manner"?

That is no longer the way - the more you complain and whine the more attention you get ....manners ? Optional ....image.gif.2d78eb31e3254b8d3bce530b20ce69a1.gif

Edited by Old_Man_Adam