• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2020 at 3:01 PM, Buzzetta said:

I said this privately but I wanted to wait... 

I still don't see this on any of the FB groups or the CBCS forum..., 

You know something is up when the diehard CBCS guys are not on FB and their own forum crucifying CGC over this.  You cannot tell me that they have not seen this by now.  The problem is that Dylan is making quite a name for himself and people are seeing it for themselves. 

They had a thread going when all this started the first time, but when Dylan threatened legal action against CGC, CBCS's Mod closed it. I'm thinking it's assumed the topic is off limits.

Edited by MR SigS

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Today?  Who knows.

But in March 2010, bitcoin was 3-for-a-penny.  So, $100 would have purchased 30,000 bitcoin.  Current value after 10 years (not 80) would be about $300,000,000.

And there you have it. It usually is the things that no one really thinks will be worth anything that become so valuable. In 1909 The American Tobacco Company  issues T206 Honus Wagner Cards.  In 1939 no one thought a comic would be millions. 1980 Apple shares went public for $22 a share. In 1993 Magic the Gathering kicked off Alpha which was about $2-3 per pack.  In 1997 Amazon share went public for $18.   Almost any of these could have made you a millionaire today.

10 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I remember when Marvel was at $3/share, and trying to decide if I should drop 3K into it.

I didn’t :tonofbricks:

I completely understand.  Even all that I mentioned above would have still required you to hold on for them to reach those levels.. I bought a bunch of the apple stock. After 1st split and recovery to pre split , I sold ( to me healthy return) Same with Amazon.  I bought Alpha and Beta when they came out. Had a huge collection of playsets. They changed the rules.  I sold for what I though was a great return... Now I look back and really just :censored::frustrated::tonofbricks::facepalm:... 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I completely understand.  Even all that I mentioned above would have still required you to hold on for them to reach those levels.. I bought a bunch of the apple stock. After 1st split and recovery to pre split , I sold ( to me healthy return) Same with Amazon.  I bought Alpha and Beta when they came out. Had a huge collection of playsets. They changed the rules.  I sold for what I though was a great return... Now I look back and really just :censored::frustrated::tonofbricks::facepalm:... 

Yup.  I have no doubt I would have jumped ship way too early. 

35 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

And there you have it. It usually is the things that no one really thinks will be worth anything that become so valuable. In 1909 The American Tobacco Company  issues T206 Honus Wagner Cards.  In 1939 no one thought a comic would be millions. 1980 Apple shares went public for $22 a share. In 1993 Magic the Gathering kicked off Alpha which was about $2-3 per pack.  In 1997 Amazon share went public for $18.   Almost any of these could have made you a millionaire today.

I almost never found Alpha and Beta packs...they all sold out so quick...it wasn't until revised you could consistently find product.

Just now, PeterPark said:

I almost never found Alpha and Beta packs...they all sold out so quick...it wasn't until revised you could consistently find product.

There was a baseball card shop not far from my house and back then he was really into games. When they first announced that they were releasing it he put in several orders. A lot of which didn't get filled , but he did get some and luckily before the other orders got kicked he sold several.  At the time I was in that shop just about every day. I remember him getting his first order in and purchased what I could. He marked the Beta up more , but still at the time I didn't care. Just enjoyed the new game..

Someone on instagram was accusing Dylan of using a loophole to get blue labels.

Accusing him of submitting restored books with custom labels because CGC would grade them as blue labels. Apparently CGC doesn't do this anymore?

Is this accurate? Did CGC do this? How many books were graded like this?

To me that seems like the big story here.

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I'm destined to break even

:sorry:

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Accusing him of submitting restored books with custom labels because CGC would grade them as blue labels. Apparently CGC doesn't do this anymore?

Lots. There are multiple threads about the topic, not all involving Dylan.

1 hour ago, buttock said:
6 hours ago, telerites said:

I do not know if he is still selling off his dad's books but that is where he started.  I also don't know if his dad has or is financing him.  His site does say his dad helps him with his business.

https://www.dylanuniversecomics.com/meet-dylan-universe-comics/

Who is his father? 

image.jpeg.c51b9ce994a1efd1331b310ed4f4318a.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

The chatter started last October about this...

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/454291-new-marvel-labels-no-purple-for-restored-books/

-bc

1 hour ago, bc said:

It blatantly says restored on it tho...I mean does nobody read the label...isn't that saying "Buy the book, not the label?" Not "buy the book not the color"?

:roflmao: