• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

And there you have it. It usually is the things that no one really thinks will be worth anything that become so valuable. In 1909 The American Tobacco Company  issues T206 Honus Wagner Cards.  In 1939 no one thought a comic would be millions. 1980 Apple shares went public for $22 a share. In 1993 Magic the Gathering kicked off Alpha which was about $2-3 per pack.  In 1997 Amazon share went public for $18.   Almost any of these could have made you a millionaire today.

With all these easy scores it makes me wonder why I'm so poor.  :cry:

11 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

These are pictures just outside CGC headquarters. I don't think the books are getting out....and the last one is according to satellite imagery

xeWTrc.gif

downloadfile-10.gif

ScreenShot016.jpg

Oh :censored:...

Well if CGC is going down guess all my books are worthless now.. Guess it's back to the old days for me..

20190611_132146.jpg.c71d689de8e3dfeacea499adb4df4fc5.jpg20190611_132132.jpg.b9300359a3be94f1fcfd3b8f805d433e.jpg20190611_132117.jpg.33a1563cb253575d7190e71a1d01b157.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

22 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Ran into Dylan today at a local comic show here in NJ , he’s a just a kid , a really young one at that - I’m not condoning anything and hail from an institution where you’re a man at 18 , like it or not - but I think now-a-days that’s more of a thing of the past , depending on profession . I’ve said some pretty harsh things and still believe there is some fishiness involved in all that transpired and the boy who cried wolf story may ring true here . That being said , I think the situation now is he’s behind the wheel of a vehicle which he can’t control anymore .

The show in Wayne?

27 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

With all these easy scores it makes me wonder why I'm so poor.  :cry:

No one said they were easy. If they were almost everyone would be a millionaire.  Which clearly is not the case, or I just didn't get the memo... maybe that's why I am broke.. I should have checked my memo box more often. :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

These images r disturbing 

Not at all taken in historical and economical hobby context. The reason why we are here posting on a CGC forum can be attributed the wide spread actions those pictures show. Most threw out their comics, junked them, or rat-holed them in conditions far from ideal to their surviving intact. Very few didn't and this is the reason for their rarity and current value. If they weren't discarded en masse, like we see here, they'd be common. 

9 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Not at all taken in historical and economical hobby context. The reason why we are here posting on a CGC forum can be attributed the wide spread actions those pictures show. Most threw out their comics, junked them, or rat-holed them in conditions far from ideal to their surviving intact. Very few didn't and this is the reason for their rarity and current value. If they weren't discarded en masse, like we see here, they'd be common. 

I get it, but my context was gut...

36 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

These images r disturbing 

10 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.  

This is an example of exactly why most valuable items are that way.  Comics were thrown out, burned.

MTG was a card game for kids and most were played with or thrown out on top of already limited numbers.

A lot of metal toys, cars etc was scrapped for the war efforts. 

All history.. now setting historical prices.

4 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I get it, but my context was gut...

That same feeling most of us got when our toys, comics , etc were thrown out by the parents or in a move. Now reliving it when we see images like this, but another driver of prices is that sentiment to regain what was lost .

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

37 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

True and yet sci fi pulps were also tossed and aint worth much.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

True and yet sci fi pulps were also tossed and aint worth much.

Yet...

hm maybe we should start a thread talking about the spec of them ..

Could also jump on social media and start hyping...