• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Wait till wildfires and climate change destroy most comic collections.

You forgot the biggest enemy of collectors, Mothers.

My mother gave away my comic books, a mint collection of die-cast vehicles, in the 60s, without consulting me.

My father worked in the film business and he used to bring home steel boxes full of cutting room film cells. They were wonderful, lots of Disney stuff. They were stored in a secure locked building attached to our house, doing no harm to anyone. She decided to bin those. I have no idea why.

2 minutes ago, G G ® said:

You forgot the biggest enemy of collectors, Mothers.

My mother gave away my comic books, a mint collection of die-cast vehicles, in the 60s, without consulting me.

My father worked in the film business and he used to bring home steel boxes full of cutting room film cells. They were wonderful, lots of Disney stuff. They were stored in a secure locked building attached to our house, doing no harm to anyone. She decided to bin those. I have no idea why.

Why do you think so many rock bands make "mother" songs?

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Not at all taken in historical and economical hobby context. The reason why we are here posting on a CGC forum can be attributed the wide spread actions those pictures show. Most threw out their comics, junked them, or rat-holed them in conditions far from ideal to their surviving intact. Very few didn't and this is the reason for their rarity and current value. If they weren't discarded en masse, like we see here, they'd be common. 

I toss stuff every now and then lol 

28 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Careful sounds like there are threats of more lawsuits...not just those who don't agree with his grading, not just to cgc but now Danielle has been threatened to be slapped with legal action :roflmao:at this rate it won't be the USA vs the defendant it will be Dylan vs the USA.

Self inflicted ignominy...  :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

probably not.  I know slabs won't survive a category 5 hurricane

CGC needs to get back into the slabs (for regrades, reholders ect), but they could definitely spice things up a bit, like thicker boarders, maybe metal ones (not fireproof cus we all no what happens with those)

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

CGC needs to get back into the slabs (for degrades, freeholders ect), but they could definitely spice things up a bit, like thicker boarders, maybe metal ones (not fireproof cus we all no what happens with those)

Pretty much they should make slab climate proof.  Wildfires, sweltering heat, flooding, violent hurricanes all will destroy them... the only thing good thing is slabs are immune to pandemics and droughts. 

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Pretty much they should make slab climate proof.  Wildfires, sweltering heat, flooding, violent hurricanes all will destroy them... the only thing good thing is slabs are immune to pandemics and droughts. 

Yes

Transition slabs to protect them from the sun

39 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Careful sounds like there are threats of more lawsuits...not just those who don't agree with his grading, not just to cgc but now Danielle has been threatened to be slapped with legal action :roflmao:at this rate it won't be the USA vs the defendant it will be Dylan vs the USA.

119467523_1035176780285848_4052287870931628162_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=mJADErBAgjUAX8Ir250&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&tp=7&oh=da7d4210b63d3a48fc5b56bcade0303a&oe=5F85B3D7

Here's one affirmative defense for the sued-to-be:  http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/opinion-and-fair-comment-privileges