• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Here's one affirmative defense for the sued-to-be:  http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/opinion-and-fair-comment-privileges

He threatened to sue everyone last time.  You can take that with a grain of salt and just ignore it. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

He threatened to sue everyone last time.  You can take that with a grain of salt and just ignore it. 

You’re right of course, but I felt an indirect PSA to Dylan might increase his knowledge of the real life legal system, not the one in his mind where he’s Thanos walking onto the set of “Law & Order”.

9 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

This is one of those threads where I stopped reading the comments several pages back, now I’m just looking at the pictures. Thank you @onlyweaknesskryptonite for the laughs. :insane:

If you aren't reading the comments as well . You are definitely missing out.

6 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

So this is your own personal Playboy?

Don't feel left out. I can play Careless Whisper outside of  your window too..816598874_Screenshot_20190602-1741302.png.b8e906570f95ee53cb1173a33c48bc34.png

WHAM!!!

Just now, mattn792 said:

You’re right of course, but I felt an indirect PSA to Dylan might increase his knowledge of the real life legal system, not the one in his mind where he’s Thanos walking onto the set of “Law & Order”.

Oh I wish there was a gif for that 

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:
4 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

These images r disturbing 

Not at all taken in historical and economical hobby context. The reason why we are here posting on a CGC forum can be attributed the wide spread actions those pictures show. Most threw out their comics, junked them, or rat-holed them in conditions far from ideal to their surviving intact. Very few didn't and this is the reason for their rarity and current value. If they weren't discarded en masse, like we see here, they'd be common. 

No, they're very disturbing taken in context. Those pictures do not show individuals treating comics as disposable entertainment.

26 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

No, they're very disturbing taken in context. Those pictures do not show individuals treating comics as disposable entertainment.

Very true. :golfclap: 

Know your history.  Here is an article on the subject from Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.

http://cbldf.org/2012/06/1948-the-year-comics-met-their-match/

Wish I could find the better articles I originally  read about all of it still that one at least helps out those who didn't understand what those pictures were from or about. 

But another fellow board member has an amazing thread about the comic book side of that story( or at least one collectors side) 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite