• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

What I like so much about the quote is that its application stretches far beyond boxing. It really has meaning in any area of life, whether the blow comes from a health issue, losing your job, making a bad investment, a traffic jam, whatever.

It's how you react to that adversity that defines you, not the adversity itself.

"Exactly," Tyson agreed. "If you’re good and your plan is working,  somewhere during the duration of that, the outcome of that event you're involved in, you're going to get the wrath, the bad end of the stick. Let's see how you deal with it. Normally people don’t deal with it that well." 

Mike Tyson explains one of his most famous quotes - Sun Sentinel - Sports 2012 - 11 - 09

9 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Ok,  he has me at "Wait".  What are we waiting for?  Another excuse,  A recap?  A statement retraction?  

Bob, please wait and give the legal "team" at his corporation a 24 hour window to respond.

Yes, there are "teams" involved here.

From his Scoop interview:

Scoop: What are your long-term plans in terms of your being a comic book dealer?
DS: Same as now, working no more than three hours a day, except during winter, spring, and summer break. This semester my goal is to move down to two hours a day. My team can do the rest.

Scoop: Your Team?
DS: Building an empire requires man power. I can’t scan and list my weekly auctions while in class.

Scoop: How many people do you have on your team?
DS: I can’t disclose that information. Sorry.

Full Scoop interview here:

https://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1017?articleID=239246

9 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Bob, please wait and give the legal "team" at his corporation a 24 hour window to respond.

Yes, there are "teams" involved here.

From his Scoop interview:

Scoop: What are your long-term plans in terms of your being a comic book dealer?
DS: Same as now, working no more than three hours a day, except during winter, spring, and summer break. This semester my goal is to move down to two hours a day. My team can do the rest.

DS: Building an empire requires man power. I can’t scan and list my weekly auctions while in class.

Full Scoop interview here:

https://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1017?articleID=239246

I like this exchange.

Scoop: You have accomplished so much in such a short time. You are in college now, right?
DS: Yes, I am. It’s a lot of fun, but I do not love the work. I guess my real major is tolerance.

33 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

I swear, I thought this was made up or altered for humor.  It definitely is not.  It is very real.  

59 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Mike Tyson explains one of his most famous quotes - Sun Sentinel - Sports 2012 - 11 - 09

“No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.”- Helmuth von Moltke

6 minutes ago, Grandmaster B said:

“No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.”- Helmuth von Moltke

Iron Mike would have taken him.

Side note... anyone else watch him swim with sharks ? I was entertained. 

33 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:
1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

I swear, I thought this was made up or altered for humor.  It definitely is not.  It is very real

“Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.”  - Charlie Chaplin

3 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

As a reminder, this is the same kid that posted a video of him reading an AF15 on the toilet.  Maybe the staples popped when he was too busy making a stupid video for views (shrug)

I believe that a possibility is that an inexperienced presser... or as I like to call them facebook presser tried to play around with the books.  If that happened then he had a, "Oh sheet" moment and had to figure a course of action to recapture the initial investment by defrauding CGC's insurance policy. 

Now, could that have happened? It's possible. 

Take a look on Facebook through and you will find too many people that thing that a couple of hundred dollars and a T-Shirt press search on eBay will automatically work to their advantage.   They may have some of the tools but they do not have the knowledge.  

DS: Of course, Art. I always enjoy talking about my life in comics.

Yeah kid, talk to me when you've been collecting books for 56 years. :eyeroll:

I don't usually judge people on appearance but someone in that photo fits the profile of an inexperienced knob, willing to cut corners to get to the top...and it ain't the dad.