• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I do know from his thread about removing the lignin that he states it is a proprietary formula he uses to remove it and I am not sure whether CGC would be able to detect it as being conserved,  but I would believe it would be .

No offense to 427 and I appreciate his honesty, and I respect CGC's ability to detect most things, but if they can't then is it still not cheating? In my opinion having known I did something to change the integrity of a book to make it more valuable then I have cheated. And pressing is not the same thing in my opinion, and I know a lot of rounders that have still not warmed up to it, I feel pressing is just flattening a book (and I'm not the one who makes the laws). I just think Dylan has a long way to go to ahem "restore" his integrity 

Imagine CGC graded binary defects and there was some way to repair those? I mean there is its called "trimming"and we all know his opinion on that, but CGC doesn't and they don't change the rules of the game, but guys like Dylan seem to play outside those rules

Edited by Hollywood1892

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I just think Dylan has a long way to go to ahem "restore" his integrity 

I see what you did there, good one...

but seriously, did he have any integrity to begin with?

1 minute ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I just checked out this guys YouTube, website and IG Pages, his other posts notwithstanding...How the #$%#  was he made the "youngest ever advisor to OSPG" ???  In that honoured group, how did he make the cut? Seriously, would like to know...

Also, if he is trying to "game the system", it seems like he is NOT following the advice he reportedly has received from other more experienced dealers in his own "market report":

"find something else"

"don't be greedy" 

I think, this guy is in it for himself, to be "cool", to have some sort of "platform" where he otherwise he would not. 

...This snake oil salesman has zero credibility. Tell us the full story Dylan. Show us the pictures. Man up.

Agree here 100%.  How did this mouth breather ever get an advisor position with OSPG?  There is some credibility to being a part of overstreet.  This guy is tainting that credibility if they don’t get rid of him fast. 

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

No offense to 427 and I appreciate his honesty, and I respect CGC's ability to detect most things, but if they can't then is it still not cheating? In my opinion having known I did something to change the integrity of a book to make it more valuable then I have cheated. And pressing is not the same thing in my opinion, and I know a lot of rounders that have still not warmed up to it, I feel pressing is just flattening a book (and I'm not the one who makes the laws). I just think Dylan has a long way to go to ahem "restore" his integrity 

Completely 100% agree. Although I am not sure if Dyldo will ever truly recover.:roflmao:

2 minutes ago, A.Romeo said:

Agree here 100%.  How did this mouth breather ever get an advisor position with OSPG?  There is some credibility to being a part of overstreet.  This guy is tainting that credibility if they don’t get rid of him fast. 

I'm thinking it's really got a lot to do with his Dad, and he's on the coat tails of that. His Dad must be tearing his hair out at this point. If he was my son, I would just have a serious word with him, many of them unprintable.

12 minutes ago, A.Romeo said:

A947797D-FB3D-4879-B6FF-E7073D98C562.gif

E05B4C6D-0046-4DFF-BCE5-2BE79A9F83A5.jpeg

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

8 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I'm thinking it's really got a lot to do with his Dad, and he's on the coat tails of that. His Dad must be tearing his hair out at this point. If he was my son, I would just have a serious word with him, many of them unprintable.

His dad is probably more like

tenor-2.gif.3630caae14e6a57da73e47de7e8d018c.gif

17 minutes ago, G G ® said:

24B8C265-87FE-41C3-8C6D-CA5352DD82B9.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

How the #$%#  was he made the "youngest ever advisor to OSPG" ???  In that honoured group, how did he make the cut? Seriously, would like to know...

From his Scoop interview:

Scoop: How did you become an Overstreet Advisor?
DS: I studied comics until I felt like I was an expert. I talked to some other dealers, and they thought it was a fair idea. [Gemstone Publishing’s Creative Director] Mark Huesman reached out, and asked for a report of the market; I had no idea it would be published.

Overstreet is probably noticing that it needs to get younger dealers in place to carry on the torch in the future. There would be a lot of gray showing on those back page pictures if advisors were told to send in updated photos! (some going back to the 1990s!)

While there are qualified individuals (see the Reeces) who make the cut in both knowledge and integrity, the growth in that area is probably moving at a snails pace. It's their vetting that must be worked on.

2 minutes ago, joeypost said:

I was asked a little while back would I consider being an advisor. All I was told was I had to contribute a report for the OSPG, and needed two respected people in the industry to vouch for me. I could have easily gotten 3-4 well respected dealers to do that for me, but I felt I really did not qualify at the time. Based on Mr. D making it in I, may have to rethink joining, but would never do so as long as he is still a group member.  

I would definitely be in favor of you replacing Mr D.:idea: