• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Thank you for posting this. However, I'd still be interested in seeing a full shot of the slabbed copy of the lower grade (unless I missed that as well, haha) 

BTW- I am a complete amateur wrt grading and pressing. I am just throwing my two cents out there, and it's two Canadian cents to boot!

8 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

As much as I respect many members here I find it kind of sad that between post after post questioning Dylan's maturity there are posts making fun of his name and his physical appearance. In spite of any mistakes or missteps he's made, that's not right. Stay classy CGC boards.

I would agree here. Especially if there are circumstances we are not aware of. 

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

As much as I respect many members here I find it kind of sad that between post after post questioning Dylan's maturity there are posts making fun of his name and his physical appearance. In spite of any mistakes or missteps he's made, that's not right. Stay classy CGC boards.

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

I completely understand your point of view from this and seeing how it is unfolding.  If there are more circumstances,  I would be more than happy to publicly apologize.

That said my personal ribbing has come from many other threads of several of us board members originally being polite, mature , and genuinely trying to help Dylan, but not only did he refuse any of this , but then started in with insinuating many veteran board members didn't know what they were talking about. He Demeaned,  insulted, passed blame, and even went a far to throw random threats of law suits.

After this he continued to attempt to not only take advantage of loopholes,  but fleecing collector's. 

Now with all that in mind you can understand hopefully why I have been so harsh.

I believe if you read some of my other posts, for example the ones with the presser , they are cordial,  friendly,  and as you put it classy.  I did not have any preconceived ideas and genuinely was curious what the actual situation was , especially with the issues that have been discussed about Dylan, as well as the possibility that these were damaged elsewhere ( shipping,  cgc)   

Although it really is looking more and more like this was another attempt by Dylan to not only game the system,  but bolster his following. 

I really don't understand why the topic of his grading skills continue to come up. What is the point after we have all seen his grade on the giggle comic and his defense of that grade. He literally can't get any worse than that. 

I would love for Danielle to post those for everyone to see. 

Edited by wombat

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

I deleted a couple of things... taking a step back I believe you are correct. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I deleted a couple of things... taking a step back I believe you are correct. 

+1 (thumbsu  And I must say, that was a very considerately tactful way to mention it to bring that to the attention of anyone who may have not initially picked up on some subtle nuances had they not backtracked and taken a closer look at the dynamics, myself included. Thank you to Joey and Buzz for the heads up. 

8 hours ago, comicwiz said:

Full stop for me. There were other factors, but the treatment I got was the last straw. The very person who accused me of sending the book in that way had also been quite good at calling me on the phone asking for my help in the past with submissions. I never once expected anything in return, certainly not any preferential treatment, but to accuse me of sending a book that way meant he never really gave a mess about me, or the fact I would always put down whatever I was doing to at the very least offer an opinion, or that he had enough respect for me to believe I wouldn't make such a thing up. It was all about brooming my concerns to the curb. Happened 12 years ago and I still haven't found a replacement.

I've already said my piece on this whole situation here, and I'll admit I can't even get past the first few pages because his flippant attitude is off-putting. But as someone that has been a member here as long as I have, I would just caution everyone here to take some of the things being said by him as having happened to others. The scans I had were no help, CGC already made up their mind, and I was SOL the moment I handed over my book and trusted them with my property. I would have loved to have been given the benefit of the doubt or even an apology, but that would have meant admitting they messed up, and that's something they won't ever admit.

Yes, I've been down this road.  CGC questioning if the damage could have happened in shipping etc.

I figured the least they could do is apologize for damaging my book but no dice

4 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Yes, I've been down this road.  CGC questioning if the damage could have happened in shipping etc.

I figured the least they could do is apologize for damaging my book but no dice

Sorry to hear. My comic wasn't damaged by their case. It was returned to me far lower in grade (8.0) than I had sent it, and it should have at least graded a 9.4, with a good shot at a 9.6. To give you some indication on what that would have meant, at the time, a 9.2 of that book was being offered to me at $1000, so when I finally found this comic in the condition it was in, I was over the moon to say the least. When I called to get the graders notes to understand what had happened to have gotten such a low grade, the person mentioned "coaster ring" on front cover. I asked him what that is, and he told me it's a stain from putting a beverage bottle, can or cup that soils the cover and leaves a ring stain. I knew immediately something had happened with the book while in their care. A long-standing and reputable boardie here, who has also participated in this thread, knows what I'm saying is exactly what happened, and he saw and handled the book before it was submitted,and his words to my recollection were along the lines of "I would have to have had a stroke or something similar not to have noticed that stain before sending it in."

Edited by comicwiz

10 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

I agree. After watching his earlier video, I wrote that he reminds me of Gilbert Gottfried because I thought Dylan’s on-camera persona was part of his schtick. I no longer feel this is the case, and regret commenting. 

All joking aside, I think there are deeper issues here than we realize, and although I’m curious about the outcome of the story, I think the damage to two awesome comics—however it occurred—is punishment enough without being publicly humiliated and cyber bullied  to the point this kid might actually want to hurt himself.

11 minutes ago, thewritestuff said:

All joking aside, I think there are deeper issues here than we realize, and although I’m curious about the outcome of the story, I think the damage to two awesome comics—however it occurred—is punishment enough without being publicly humiliated and cyber bullied  to the point this kid might actually want to hurt himself.

I think the term bullying is a bit strong. You do the crime, you do the time. Since when do disreputable practices earn you a pat on the back?

And suggesting he might hurt himself is melodramatic at best. That's a helluva leap.

Since when do people worry about hurting people's feelings on here when skullduggery is involved. Moderation is severe enough without all this navel gazing.

I am not a person without compassion and I wish no harm whatsoever to this individual but things needed to be said, and they were, alright some people got carried away, but when the hobby gets dragged into the dirt we need to say 'enough'.