• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“I will destroy them” Dylans Universe calls out CGC on IG
11 11

1,073 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

We definitely do not want to poke the bear. QY5WJIaK29RU4.gif.01036bcbf6583f43651b75a53bbe3731.gif

Speaking of just yesterday I saw a bear walking down the edge of my property. Third time so far this year. Nothing the size of the one pictured about and I live in Florida. The one I see is a one of the protected species.  Always have a good talk with forestry when they come out to tranquilize him and relocate.

Where in FLA? I just moved to DeBary which is right off the St. John’s river. Which is also black bear country. 

8 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Where in FLA? I just moved to DeBary which is right off the St. John’s river. Which is also black bear country. 

I live in Milton, which is a small town outside of Pensacola . I am nestled between Blackwater State forest and Eglin Air Force Base . Lots of Woods and game including Bears. 

I would just add that these are protected bears and even if you have not seen them yet you will. To go Ahead and find the local wildlife management number and keep it handy. That way if you do see one they can safely move him to unpopulated areas.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

8 minutes ago, joeypost said:

No official diagnosis. In no way am I condoning his behavior, but I am being cautious on making personal comments about it until I have reason not to. 
I am just sticking with the facts. 

806628228_download(1).jpeg.4be2f62d1d788c04a7afb0fa48825aa7.jpeg

I definitely applaud your integrity. :golfclap:

15 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I too remember before grading and using Beckett for Cards and OSPG. It definitely was a different time. 

As GG said. I dont know if I would call it revolutionizing the industry as much as irrevocably changing it. 

I know every industry has to change with the times to stay relevant and they definitely have provided a valuable service.  That said it too has brought in a lot of money guys,  speculation,  and the Dylans. Very few today crack open a comic and read them, which to me is sad.

Many have commented on how a lot of 90's drek just about can not be given away, however I tend to try to sort out items that can be donated to libraries and schools locally to help encourage not only reading, but to grow the love of the hobby the way I fell in love with it.

Oh those were the days

I was 9 when I bought my first pack of hockey cards I believe it was 87-88 O-pee-chee Luc Robaitalle and Adam Oates rookie years. And then 89 Upper Deck everyone speculating that Ken Griffey jr was going to be the best ever. Then 90 Leaf Frank Thomas (sportscards are bigger specs then comics imo) and comics I bought a web of spiderman 1 with a poor spine center for $75 Canadian at Heroes sportscards in London Ontario thinking I hit the jackpot, and a maximum carnage run (lol) .I think my last cards were Stephon Marbury and Kobe Bryant (RIP Black Mamba)

:sorry:

If definitely puts perspective on things and how desires change when you get old

But WHAT A HOBBY!

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Oh those were the days

I was 9 when I bought my first pack of hockey cards I believe it was 87-88 O-pee-chee Luc Robaitalle and Adam Oates rookie years. And then 89 Upper Deck everyone speculating that Ken Griffey jr was going to be the best ever. Then 90 Leaf Frank Thomas (sportscards are bigger specs then comics imo) and comics I bought a web of spiderman 1 with a poor spine center for $75 Canadian at Heroes sportscards in London Ontario thinking I hit the jackpot, and a maximum carnage run (lol) .I think my last cards were Stephon Marbury and Kobe Bryant (RIP Black Mamba)

:sorry:

If definitely puts perspective on things and how desires change when you get old

But WHAT A HOBBY!

Love the memories that make you go to :cloud9:. I too have so many of them. It definitely does put perspective to the ever evolving hobby.  Yes cards definitely are back to a HUGE speculation again, but unfortunately most collector's hobbies are as well. 

58 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I would also add that Overstreet need to tighten up. If they're handing out Advisory positions like confetti, what's going on?

While I share the sentiment that perhaps Dylan’s credentials need to be re-examined, I can’t say I’m exactly shocked by his inclusion as an Overstreet Advisor either. 

I mean, Mile High Chuck has been an Advisor for decades. Clearly, having a “strong personality” and “unconventional” attitudes towards grading aren’t disqualifications for Overstreet. 

And the whole “my grade X is other’s grade Y” is kind of Gary Dolgoff’s schtick too. 

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

While I share the sentiment that perhaps Dylan’s credentials need to be re-examined, I can’t say I’m exactly shocked by his inclusion as an Overstreet Advisor either. 

I mean, Mile High Chuck has been an Advisor for decades. Clearly, having a “strong personality” and “unconventional” attitudes towards grading aren’t disqualifications for Overstreet. 

And the whole “my grade X is other’s grade Y” is kind of Gary Dolgoff’s schtick too. 

all very valid points.  :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

It's obvious before CGC and social media ect it was a "Sellers" market and LCS and dealers were always gaining the advantage in the hobby (if I'd call it that) but the scales have definitely been balanced with social media and the ability to communicate our discontent with less then reputable sellers

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

The sad part of this ongoing fiasco is that Dylan actually COULD be an asset to the hobby.  Someone trying to make a go of it as a high volume dealer at such a young age would be admirable...if that person was operating on the level.

Petulant teenagers are going to be petulant.  I'm sure all of us had a few of our own Denzel moments where we proclaimed "I'ma burn this mother ______ down!!!!", and which seem downright silly in retrospect.  Things like that could be brushed off...if Dylan was operating on the level.

But we've seen the intentional exploitation of the purple books in blue character label slabs.  We've seen the constant, and I would say intentional, overgrading.  We've seen this unresolved AF15 fiasco, in which whatever case he's trying to make is constantly marred by repeated immature outbursts.  And on top of all that, the continued scorched earth attacks on established standards and veterans of the hobby.

I'll end by expanding on what I previously said in the purple label thread - Dylan, if you're listening:  take a step back, shut your mouth, put your ego on the shelf, and open your ears.  There's a world of knowledge you can benefit from, if you're willing to listen.

This is VERY good advise and wise words. We can only hope he actually is listening and they do not fall on deaf ears. 

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

The sad part of this ongoing fiasco is that Dylan actually COULD be an asset to the hobby.  Someone trying to make a go of it as a high volume dealer at such a young age would be admirable...if that person was operating on the level.

Petulant teenagers are going to be petulant.  I'm sure all of us had a few of our own Denzel moments where we proclaimed "I'ma burn this mother ______ down!!!!", and which seem downright silly in retrospect.  Things like that could be brushed off...if Dylan was operating on the level.

But we've seen the intentional exploitation of the purple books in blue character label slabs.  We've seen the constant, and I would say intentional, overgrading.  We've seen this unresolved AF15 fiasco, in which whatever case he's trying to make is constantly marred by repeated immature outbursts.  And on top of all that, the continued scorched earth attacks on established standards and veterans of the hobby.

I'll end by expanding on what I previously said in the purple label thread - Dylan, if you're listening:  take a step back, shut your mouth, put your ego on the shelf, and open your ears.  There's a world of knowledge you can benefit from, if you're willing to listen.

Imagine if Dylan was just the spokesperson and it was his father's ideas being put into his head?

tenor-20.gif

c2a.gif

giphy-26.gif

Edited by Hollywood1892

12 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Imagine if Dylan was just the spokesperson and it was his father's ideas being put into his head?

tenor-20.gif

c2a.gif

giphy-26.gif

Wouldn't be the first time a teenager was egged on by his parents. We have had a few instances like that already on these boards. One kid even had Steve Borock offer to tutor him in the hobby. He repaid Steve's kindness by redoing Steve's voicemail message laced with F bombs. 

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

Wouldn't be the first time a teenager was egged on by his parents. We have had a few instances like that already on these boards. One kid even had Steve Borock offer to tutor him in the hobby. He repaid Steve's kindness by redoing Steve's voicemail message laced with F bombs. 

Unbelievable!

Nothing is ever perfect, but for the most part this site has been a great tool for weeding out the darkness in the hobby as evidenced by the length of this thread, its unity, and moderation CGC understanding the need for us to support and police the system once in awhile

PhysicalWelldocumentedGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gif

Dylan's experience, or lack thereof, in addition to his demeanor and business acumen do not indicate the maturity that should come with the age he has attained physically.

His rampant ineptitude despite claims directly to the contrary is not good for the hobby, or his business. Maybe being more hands off and cutting back to two hours or less would be a good thing. His secret team of unsaid number of workers (his father) can handle it better. Although my experiences with both of them say neither one is realistically aiming to swim very deep in the pool of sellers.

23 minutes ago, joeypost said:

The CapFreak ordeal was painful.  I wished I had been given that opportunity 40 years ago.  You really never know what is at play in home life or other issues that can cause the behavior or if it is just plain immaturity or a mixture.

16 hours ago, comicwiz said:

You're assuming a lot here. Primarily that CGC gives a mess. The fact pattern of tone deafness over a wide range of issues relating to their slab causing undue damage over the years should be evidence enough. However when they damaged one of my books, I was pretty much told I sent it in that way. There was no change in process, they denied the problem could have ever happened at their place of business.

I really don't know who this Dylan character is outside of the posts made on these boards about his past conduct and practices, however it sounds like CGC have already kicked him and his grievances to the curb.

Looks like business as usual to me.

I'm very sorry this happened to you. :foryou:

I was actually referring to the fact that when distractions like this happen, it often slows down the process. Anything that takes people away from their normal duties there tends to slow things down. In this case, there was likely an investigation to determine whether there was convincing evidence either way. I do think CGC does care about their customers, but sometimes things happen that are out of their control. And again, I am very sorry if you had a negative experience with them. I'm surprised they didn't at least try to make it right...