• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC poetry

6 posts in this topic

Back in 6th grade we had to memorize and recite this poem by Robert Frost as part of our lessons in English class. In an interesting twist of fate, in the same month that the poem assignment was given, a unique take on that same poem appeared by Len Wein in House of Mystery #200. To say the least, I was just floored by the coincidence.

432051155_stoppingbywoodsonasnowyevening.jpg.e7ac94e4f1016b591674f2898687555a.jpg1271766694_Houseofmystery200poem.thumb.jpg.425f12658fed1af8a36b5dfb50ed8039.jpg

Edited by Jaylam

Avengers issue (Buscema art, around issue 68 or so) featured a few lines from William Blake's "Songs of Innocence/Experience". I know it's Marvel and not DC, but it was my favorite Avengers story because of the imagery.

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”

Edited by comicparadox

34 minutes ago, comicparadox said:

Avengers issue (Buscema art, around issue 68 or so) featured a few lines from William Blake's "Songs of Innocence/Experience". I know it's Marvel and not DC, but it was my favorite Avengers story because of the imagery.

And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”

That's gorgeous. :headbang:

Which Avengers said that?  Seems like something the Silver Surfer would say.