• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I finally had a few of my lobby cards graded

54 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Graded lobby cards ! I had no idea such a thing existed.

I prefer to hang my lobby cards on the wall so I can look at them every day.

They aren't in hard cases - just like the inner well from slabbed comic or essentially a mylar sleeve so they can still be easily framed if someone desires.

Kind of an impulse experiment for me.

8 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I need to figure out how to display the one set of Lobby Cards I have.  My dad worked in a theater when he was in college, and he got to keep some when he cleared out the storage, so I have a full set of eight cards from the original release of Bridge on the River Kwai.  I keep thinking they would make a neat display.

In one of my upper level management classes in college, we had to do an essay and presentation about the management scenarios and power positions.  The book is great and I still think it is one of the best war-themed movies made.

Edited by telerites

1 hour ago, MusterMark said:

But But But ... now that they are entombed in plastic, how are we going to be able to flip through the pages and read them ???!!!  :pullhair:  :cry:

Lobby cards are basically smaller movie posters at 11" x 14" (that Supes is smaller from the UK) so no pages.  

19 minutes ago, telerites said:
2 hours ago, MusterMark said:

But But But ... now that they are entombed in plastic, how are we going to be able to flip through the pages and read them ???!!!  :pullhair:  :cry:

Lobby cards are basically smaller movie posters at 11" x 14" (that Supes is smaller from the UK) so no pages. 

Haha, yes, I own lobby cards myself ... lol

My statement was akin to "ironic" commentary ....

Edited by MusterMark

@Larryw7 Awesome!

I have pretty stopped buying posters because of space but still do an occasional WWI or WWII poster like the one below or ones associated with serials.  Pretty much just lobby cards and pressbooks now.  The Chandu is a recent pickup.  It is huge 12.5" x 18.5"

1759878587_WorldWarIPropaganda(WarCampCommunityServicec.1917).Fine-VeryFine.Poster(13X21.25)ACampaignofComradeshipAlbertHerterArtwork..thumb.jpg.2836941aa38bbaf958cf5b04ae4c46d5.jpg1440534980_TheReturnofChanduVeryFineUncutPressbook.thumb.jpg.ea85f84a605da18bf56a6aaf4a31c203.jpg