• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Accident!!!
2 2

44 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

No, and this type or reported dysfunction does not prompt me to check it out.  As stodgy as eBay is, at least it has a reliable Watch function.  You'd think that would be a standard feature on any auction site.

I agree but I have always thought this was a conscious choice by CL to encourage bidding.  Just guessing, though.

I admit I put my marker bids when an auction opens.  

14 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

How about the old, time tested pen and pad, kept on the computer desk for such an occasion? (shrug)  Issue, #, grade, page number, time ending. You can also write down any notes you may want to review. GP or GoCollect data, what the bid is at a certain time, how high you're willing to go, other sites with the same book, if any, etc., etc. 

This is what I do for any site.  I don’t bid until I am ready

Edited by GoldenAgeAddict
Added more words

4 hours ago, dikran1 said:
15 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Holy Carp, I've been out bid already!!!! The seller really needs to send me a thank you card! :roflmao:

Black Knight Mania runnin' wild!

That is some serious hype spec'ing!

19 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

How about the old, time tested pen and pad, kept on the computer desk for such an occasion? (shrug)  Issue, #, grade, page number, time ending. You can also write down any notes you may want to review. GP or GoCollect data, what the bid is at a certain time, how high you're willing to go, other sites with the same book, if any, etc., etc. 

Not on Clink.  The idea here is that you want to see the end result, not actually win the book.  Clink records are not available anywhere unless you had a bid on a book.  When you throw down dollar bids on books you want to keep tabs on, then after the auction is over you are able to go to your bid history and pull up the data for the closing price.

7 hours ago, Yorick said:

Not on Clink.  The idea here is that you want to see the end result, not actually win the book.  Clink records are not available anywhere unless you had a bid on a book.  When you throw down dollar bids on books you want to keep tabs on, then after the auction is over you are able to go to your bid history and pull up the data for the closing price.

This... 
CL doesn't report to GPA, so this....

I  love the thread so far BUT no one has actually answered my initial question!!!!!! Has anyone made a mistake bid and have it over turned? I got lucky this time folks! And yes, for all you haters. I have sausage fingers and made a trigger finger confirmation. It was an accident and no need to lecture me on how you would have never done it. 

8 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I  love the thread so far BUT no one has actually answered my initial question!!!!!! Has anyone made a mistake bid and have it over turned? I got lucky this time folks! And yes, for all you haters. I have sausage fingers and made a trigger finger confirmation. It was an accident and no need to lecture me on how you would have never done it. 

Didn't get it overturned, but I fat fingered my marker bid for a JIM#2 CGC 5.0 in a CLink auction several years ago and wound up winning the book for $300 (I tried to enter $3.00 but buggered it badly). Figured it was my mistake, so I just let it ride.

Sold it a year or so ago for $500, so it wasn't that bad.

Now I am very careful about placing bids.

-bc