• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any one notice the new submission disclaimer???
3 3

25 posts in this topic

You have to sign your kids away to submit slabbed books now!!!!  HEY CGC, if the books gets damages while YOU open the slab, thats on YOU!.  You charge 5 bucks to do that!.  AND if any thing sticks to the slab from the cover, THATS ON YOU TOO!!!.  Their are coatings that you could apply to the interior of the slabs to prevent that.  Its like a cab driver saying its not his fault if you die if HE gets into the accident.

Edited by god503

18 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

???

This could actually be construed as a positive for some people.

Subscriber: Hey CGC, these tiny hungry needy terrors are your problem now.  Please keep the kids, but send my books back.

CGC: After careful inspection, Son #1 was found to have some dental work.  This falls under restoration and Son #1 can only be given a purple (Restored) label.  Son #2 has received unauthenticated ink work on his lower back and will receive a green (Qualified) label.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, god503 said:

You have to sign your kids away to submit slabbed books now!!!!  HEY CGC, if the books gets damages while YOU open the slab, thats on YOU!.  You charge 5 bucks to do that!.  AND if any thing sticks to the slab from the cover, THATS ON YOU TOO!!!.  Their are coatings that you could apply to the interior of the slabs to prevent that.  Its like a cab driver saying its not his fault if you die if HE gets into the accident.

Yes, almost didn’t send in a recent reholder submission once I read the disclaimer.  Eventually did send it in but have had freakin’ nightmares ever since.

On the bright side, Jennifer Love Hewitt was my neighbor in one of the dreams. I think she had a thing for me... only problem was that she was also a single mother of eight kids. Crazy stuff and yes, I did tell my wife about the dream and she had no concerns.

The disclaimer is very stress inducing! 

8 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Yes, almost didn’t send in a recent reholder submission once I read the disclaimer.  Eventually did send it in but have had freakin’ nightmares ever since.

On the bright side, Jennifer Love Hewitt was my neighbor in one of the dreams. I think she had a thing for me... only problem was that she was also a single mother of eight kids. Crazy stuff and yes, I did tell my wife about the dream and she had no concerns.

I’m laughing about your dream! Sorry to hear about the stress thou.

9 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I’m laughing about your dream! Sorry to hear about the stress thou.

The really weird part was that her hobby was making leather stuff for horses, saddles, etc.  She had various spurs and stuff hanging all over the walls and two of her kids were there being home schooled.  Crazy, deeply disturbing, stuff!

39 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

18 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

The really weird part was that her hobby was making leather stuff for horses, saddles, etc.  She had various spurs and stuff hanging all over the walls and two of her kids were there being home schooled.  Crazy, deeply disturbing, stuff!

6371084c069b9ad44e1f29a4d69a75ff.jpg.fec42079dd0d4352c8e4aeb155c8a506.jpg

I do not care how many kids or the leather.. You are welcome..

55 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

images.jpeg.fbb1217ffdf99ac07eba217b1917597e.jpeg

Really funny thing is I’m not making this stuff up. I sent in a 9.9 and three other books that are lone 9.8’s, and a Chris Evans 9.8 SS.

That disclaimer made me never want to send another slabbed book to CGC ever again but man, I really want those books in new slabs (two had cracks).

I’ll be stressin’ until they get back and yes indeedy JLH with her eight little kids didn’t help a bit! 

1 hour ago, Iconic1s said:

Really funny thing is I’m not making this stuff up. I sent in a 9.9 and three other books that are lone 9.8’s, and a Chris Evans 9.8 SS.

That disclaimer made me never want to send another slabbed book to CGC ever again but man, I really want those books in new slabs (two had cracks).

I’ll be stressin’ until they get back and yes indeedy JLH with her eight little kids didn’t help a bit! 

Man sending the 9.9 and those 9.8s... I would be stressed as well. Really hope that this works out for you. Keep us updated!

On 9/13/2020 at 1:22 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Man sending the 9.9 and those 9.8s... I would be stressed as well. Really hope that this works out for you. Keep us updated!

Shipped today - called CGC and all books kept the same grade... whew!!!  Now just have to worry about the UPS trip back here!  Can't wait to update set pictures! :cloud9:  

50 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Shipped today - called CGC and all books kept the same grade... whew!!!  Now just have to worry about the UPS trip back here!  Can't wait to update set pictures! :cloud9:  

Congratulations!

1 minute ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

I had a really bad experience with a Reholder sub last year. I have a few holds that really need changing but I’m hesitant. 

Yes, it is super scary!  Especially when not every book is easy to replace!  I did okay on my recent reholder but am waiting for my nerves to recover before sending more in.

I wonder what the percentage of books damaged during reholder is overall??  It has to be low!  Be nice if it was 0% huh!?

20 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Yes, it is super scary!  Especially when not every book is easy to replace!  I did okay on my recent reholder but am waiting for my nerves to recover before sending more in.

I wonder what the percentage of books damaged during reholder is overall??  It has to be low!  Be nice if it was 0% huh!?

Worst inner well scuffing I’ve ever seen! 
CBADB274-B10B-4B0F-B6C8-C7F02025EAA4.thumb.jpeg.28e277a6c122e0f803c6839439e4286a.jpeg
Must. Breath.