• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weekend Auction #3
3 3

100 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Comcav said:

on the inside front, see how there is white... then the cream... then pure white again.  The paper would age naturally in a more uniform way.  either something was over those white areas (if it was a front cover, you see those tape stains causing that effect in reverse) but since it is inside front cover, something has artificially caused them to be more white.  like white paint.

It appears I'm out of my league in assessing this book accurately and I think it best I pull it and replace it with something less equivocal. I'll ship it to a boardie who knows and offer it back up in the future with their grade. Sorry all. 

1 minute ago, whomerjay said:

It appears I'm out of my league in assessing this book accurately and I think it best I pull it and replace it with something less equivocal. I'll ship it to a boardie who knows and offer it back up in the future with their grade. Sorry all. 

no worries.  I think several boardies who are some of the best of the best did chime in, but hey, your guy may trump us all ;)  Everyone overlooks resto until they learn what to look for.  I look forward to the next book.

2 minutes ago, Comcav said:

no worries.  I think several boardies who are some of the best of the best did chime in, but hey, your guy may trump us all ;)  Everyone overlooks resto until they learn what to look for.  I look forward to the next book.

thanks William.

25 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:

Looks like there is also ct on the inside FC along the spine, possibly done to mask bleed through from the front.    It's old school resto it looks like.  I'm around g/vg with amateur ct.

Very doubtful.  It may be coffee or tea stain.  It has a moisture ripple surface.

7 minutes ago, Jginsberg79 said:

27.50 on ss2

From the OP's original post....

There are 4 auctions, one for each book. Bidding starts at $1 for each book. Bid increments must be $10 minimum. Anything else that needs clarifying, feel free to alert me by post in this thread. 

12 minutes ago, Hudson said:

From the OP's original post....

There are 4 auctions, one for each book. Bidding starts at $1 for each book. Bid increments must be $10 minimum. Anything else that needs clarifying, feel free to alert me by post in this thread. 

The bold seems a little aggressive but appreciate the heads up.

$33.00

Edited by Jginsberg79
A word.