• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Determining Declared Value before sending

7 posts in this topic

Just a simple question as Im about to soon send in a few books and noticed the section "Declared Value" that confuse me a little as to what to put. Example as I'm sending in Spider-Man #1 (2016-Miles-Hip Hop Variant) and Black Panther #5 (2009-1st Shuri as Black Panther) both in VF/NM condition. Figuring out to put as declared value and wonder is that based on the raw value of the book selling as is or FMV as it being graded. Raw value as I saw on Ebay is around  between $120 - $200 in VF to NM for the Miles Hip Hop Variant for example. Plus, I just saw that a 9.8 graded Miles Hip Hop Variant went for $725, wow as per GoCollect.com and wonder what to put apprx for the declared value.  So, sending the books, if under a $200 value, I can send Modern, but higher then Economy or so forth? I was about to send under Modern, but just thought I ask. Thanks

2 hours ago, Marcus Graves said:

Just a simple question as Im about to soon send in a few books and noticed the section "Declared Value" that confuse me a little as to what to put. Example as I'm sending in Spider-Man #1 (2016-Miles-Hip Hop Variant) and Black Panther #5 (2009-1st Shuri as Black Panther) both in VF/NM condition. Figuring out to put as declared value and wonder is that based on the raw value of the book selling as is or FMV as it being graded. Raw value as I saw on Ebay is around  between $120 - $200 in VF to NM for the Miles Hip Hop Variant for example. Plus, I just saw that a 9.8 graded Miles Hip Hop Variant went for $725, wow as per GoCollect.com and wonder what to put apprx for the declared value.  So, sending the books, if under a $200 value, I can send Modern, but higher then Economy or so forth? I was about to send under Modern, but just thought I ask. Thanks

How much money do you want CGC to give you back if they lose  or accidentally damage your books?

If you are ok with 200$ each, then use  the modern tier for  both and mark down 200$.

If you think that's not enough then write the higher value and go up a tier.

21 hours ago, William-James88 said:

How much money do you want CGC to give you back if they lose  or accidentally damage your books?

If you are ok with 200$ each, then use  the modern tier for  both and mark down 200$.

If you think that's not enough then write the higher value and go up a tier.

Gotcha, thanks for this info.

So If I sent in a Avengers #1  in  vf   I could qoute $399 to pay the lower rate   I have heard that they have bill people for the 3% of the value even if they did not post it as such.....much like variants that were bought for 3.99 and if you were not an expert did not know the book was off the charts at $2000?