• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crappy First Issue Collectors Thread! Read at Your Own Risk
1 1

151 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

I dare anyone to rival my crappy collection of first issues that most humans have never seen all together in one place. Collectors items? Maybe if you're drunk. 

I got these all in a large lot last year that was more than worth it, but that doesn't change the fact that I now have these in my house. They demand to be viewed and will no longer hide in the shadows.

I'm on the way to fairly drunk right now, and this post is amazing... :roflmao:

Yup, as @Ken Aldred pointed out, there are still some winners there. You may be surprised. There are Star Comics fans, including several on the boards, like me! Thundercats may not be as hot as big brothers Transformers and GI Joe, but it has a fan base. I'd say never count out any book tied to an 80's toy line. Nostalgia is a powerful force, you never know when one might pop!

4 hours ago, serling1978 said:

I dare anyone to rival my crappy collection of first issues that most humans have never seen all together in one place. Collectors items? Maybe if you're drunk. 

I got these all in a large lot last year that was more than worth it, but that doesn't change the fact that I now have these in my house. They demand to be viewed and will no longer hide in the shadows

if you sold them all as one lot you would have enough to get yourself a nice happy meal !! and a shake !!!

7 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Never thought I'd see a dolphin crammed into a suit leading a charge into battle 

That’s why we are so lucky to have our comics.  It’s a world of infinite possibility, and a dolphin in a cyborg exoskeleton, tooled up with a big gun, was pretty much inevitable.

Edited by Ken Aldred