• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crappy First Issue Collectors Thread! Read at Your Own Risk
1 1

151 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Tom70 said:

Ok, so I've gotten back in to comics after 25 years. I got rid of most of my collection at that time, but I kept some. Why I kept this one, I will never know.

Motormouth1.thumb.jpg.ee2348d391691a72d9aa0748ca13a087.jpg

WTTB! Also, clearly, you kept this book because it is awesome! That one guy is wearing thigh high boots and some sort of diver's mask. What's not to like? I can't decide if these are meant to be a part of the 90's comics style, or a critique of said style. Let's go with critique.

On 9/11/2020 at 10:01 PM, greggy said:

PowerPachyderms1.jpg

Ooooh baby you know what I like...

This has me almost as hot as  the Kid and Play book.(Seriously,I've mentioned I love the PP before)( lol )

On 9/11/2020 at 10:08 PM, Ken Aldred said:

623117.jpg

Sweeet!

On 9/11/2020 at 11:07 PM, Domo Arigato said:

:makepoint:     :makepoint:     :makepoint:     :makepoint:     :makepoint:

shortcake.jpg.c728e3a8730bf2c7fae8b66c612d73f1.jpg

Pssshaw,not even a Canadian price variant! :mad:(I'm really digging that mad face today :mad:)

Don't forget MASK folks sorry if it's been posted 

723997.jpg

@F For Fake have you seen this  thread my bro of another Moe?

On 9/21/2020 at 1:58 PM, Morganmi said:

No crappy 1st issue thread would be complete without these beauties. lol

20200921_133301.jpg

lol First thing I thought of when I started reading this thread. I'm sure I can add at least 4 other from the new universe.

17 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Really? The FERRET?!?

I know.  Incredible that there aren't more mustelid-influenced characters.

They tend to be very tough and aggressive animals. Perfect anti-heroes.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, Ken Aldred said:

635003.jpg

Ah yes, I remember this one well.

"We're gonna do a die-cut cover!"

"Oh yeah? Like a cool cut in the center that reveals a scene from the first page? something like that?"

"Nope. We're going to cut the cover so it's the outline of this dude's ENORMOUS NOGGIN!" 

13 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ah yes, I remember this one well.

"We're gonna do a die-cut cover!"

"Oh yeah? Like a cool cut in the center...?"

A shame that this classic wasn't a first issue...

5235548.jpg

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

A shame that this classic wasn't a first issue...

5235548.jpg

Ha I knew what was coming even before the image loaded! Yes! That one is actually pretty fun, if I recall they incorporate the hole into the design of the pages, right? I haven't looked at that one in many years.

On 9/25/2020 at 5:09 PM, porcupine48 said:

Ooooh baby you know what I like...

This has me almost as hot as  the Kid and Play book.(Seriously,I've mentioned I love the PP before)( lol )

Sweeet!

Pssshaw,not even a Canadian price variant! :mad:(I'm really digging that mad face today :mad:)

Don't forget MASK folks sorry if it's been posted 

723997.jpg

@F For Fake have you seen this  thread my bro of another Moe?

Indeed my friend, it is a gift which keeps on giving!

On 9/11/2020 at 9:50 PM, serling1978 said:

I dare anyone to rival my crappy collection of first issues that most humans have never seen all together in one place. Collectors items? Maybe if you're drunk. 

I got these all in a large lot last year that was more than worth it, but that doesn't change the fact that I now have these in my house. They demand to be viewed and will no longer hide in the shadows. 

0911202138~2.jpg

0911202139~2.jpg

0911202139a~2.jpg

0911202140~2.jpg

0911202141~2.jpg

I still feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for buying EVERY #1 from IMPACT! comics, even though I could see from the covers that they weren't very high qualty books, and the publisher was just tyring to cash in on the Comic Explosion going on at the time.

However isn't Robocop #1 actually valuable, assuming it's in mint condition at least?  I have Robocopy #1 in my collection, and also thought it was a garbage book so I never even bothered bag/boarding it...  But Then I checked 'gocollect' recently, and noticed that Robocop #1 in a CGC 9.8 has actually sold recently for liiek $100?!?!?!

• Grade
    FM Value
    History
    $110
    Last Sale Sep 2020
    25 Sales 
  •  

On 9/26/2020 at 1:35 PM, Will96 said:

Captain_Confederacy_Vol_1_1.jpg.0f8ca4473a830326c043e8c9d76995f7.jpg

I saw this in the dollar bin in a thrift shop....

I think one of those was a huge book back in my early collecting days,still has a bit of value..annual one maybe,first Elementals?

Edit,my brain was sorta on the right wave,but still wrong'.I must have picked both books up fromthe same discount bin same day51384737f0c0b6f910ad180c4bf68933.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

18 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I think one of those was a huge book back in my early collecting days,still has a bit of value..annual one maybe,first Elementals?

Edit,my brain was sorta on the right wave,but still wrong'.I must have picked both books up fromthe same discount bin same day51384737f0c0b6f910ad180c4bf68933.jpg

I love this book. It's definitely not as hot as it was back in the day, but nice copies can still fetch $10-$20. I pick it up when I find it in a dollar bin for sure.