• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crappy First Issue Collectors Thread! Read at Your Own Risk
1 1

151 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I love this book. It's definitely not as hot as it was back in the day, but nice copies can still fetch $10-$20. I pick it up when I find it in a dollar bin for sure.

Elementals was a good series.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:58 PM, porcupine48 said:

I think one of those was a huge book back in my early collecting days,still has a bit of value..annual one maybe,first Elementals?

Edit,my brain was sorta on the right wave,but still wrong'.I must have picked both books up fromthe same discount bin same day51384737f0c0b6f910ad180c4bf68933.jpg

THUNDER Agents and 1st Elementals/ early Bill Willingham work?  It's a book worth having, even if it's not a big ticket item like it briefly was.

8 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

618185.jpg

A creative team that was fine on Green Lantern, but this was quite terrible.

I feel like Joe Staton is underrated, on the whole...but this series didn't do him any favors.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I feel like Joe Staton is underrated, on the whole...but this series didn't do him any favors.

It’s interesting art. Not quite a full-on cartoony style, but not what you’d call realistic either.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

It’s interesting art. Not quite a full-on cartoony style, but not what you’d call realistic either.

Yes, exactly. Highly stylized, but not as much as an "animated" style. I always thought it was unique, and a good fit on books like Guy Gardner. I liked his Green Lantern run a lot.

2 hours ago, Coverless 9.8 said:

This would be a really hard sell in today's political climate!  Don't expect it to be optioned by Hollywood any time soon!  

That would have to be a parallel universe story now.  Mainstream 616 universe, no.

10 hours ago, Coverless 9.8 said:

This would be a really hard sell in today's political climate!  Don't expect it to be optioned by Hollywood any time soon!  

True.... I mean who drinks coffee.... :D

Seriously, I went to Wiki and well.... I get the dollar bin....