• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GREENSBORO COMIC-CON OCT 8-9 --- WRIGHTSON

39 posts in this topic

Was thinking about trying to get a group of local forum members to meet at the Parts Unknown Comic Con in Greensboro, NC on Saturday, October 8. The show is put on annually by Parts Unknown, a comic book shop in Greensboro. I went last year for the first time, and it is a nice, small (maybe 20 ?) exhibitors. The special guest last year was William Stout, with some incredible artwork. This year's special guest is BERNIE WRIGHTSON!!! I figure all the local DC Bronze horror group would be interested. I talked with my friend, Arexcrooke, and he was trying to get a bunch together for the show. Maybe, even do a Forum luncheon or something!!!??? Anyway, let's hear from you, if you're interested in going. Here's a flyer I picked up about the show...

920881-con-flyer.jpg

920881-con-flyer.jpg.d01ef6dc99efcd1b719d1fe3a42f538a.jpg

I can't believe they go orson scott card

Card is a local guy, too!

oops, looks like I have a family commitment on the 8th... sorry.gif

Just bumping the thread to see if we can start getting some commitmnets.

So far the guest list looks like:

Arex

Rahigh

Banner (maybe)

Nerf (maybe)

Tilley (maybe)

Sal (maybe)

If anyone wants to hitch a ride with me, let me know. thumbsup2.gif

if I go, i'd be happy to help fill your car with gas in exchange for not driving...

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I agree, you can't drive for [embarrassing lack of self control]. All the cool people will be in Nashville that weekend.

if I go, i'd be happy to help fill your car with gas in exchange for not driving...

I agree, you can't drive for [embarrassing lack of self control]. All the cool people will be in Nashville that weekend.

so that's a near-certainty i'll be seeing you in greensboro, then?

so that's a near-certainty i'll be seeing you in greensboro, then?

popcorn.gif

Hi Jeff hi.gif

greensboro is one and a half hours to the north and east of charlotte. if someone were to say, be coming from atlanta, they would just skip past the Queen City and keep trucking up I-85.

for this atlanta traveler, it might add an hour or so, since about at third of the trip for native Charlotteans is getting out of the city

since about at third of the trip for native Charlotteans is getting out of the city

Is traffic in Charlotte bad? confused-smiley-013.gif

define "bad."

note beforehand that nearly any commonly accepted definition of bad will result in a "yes" response from me