• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identity Crisis
2 2

37 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2020 at 11:53 PM, Callaway29 said:

What’s up with changing board handles as of late? I’m starting to feel unique in never contemplating the shift...

I ponder, is everyone doing this? Is this the new thing? Is this a generational trend where people come in and do rapid fire garbage posts to bring their post count up, and then pivot to a new handle to wipe their trail clean and pose as respectable members?

I sense it’s probably as innocent as “hey it’s time for a change” more often than not, but I’m seeing a lot of unfamiliar boardies with high post counts lately.... And sometimes, personalities are so strong, I can decipher who they once were... And other times, it’s just plain confusing...

(shrug) It's all just Jeffro (@Grandmaster B... for the moment) and his weekly name/avatar/whatever change.

I’ve never been able to motivate myself into being more original than using my middle name.

However, on occasion I have been tempted to change it as a homage to a much-loved, sadly-missed and highly-respected former contributor to these message boards; Lancashire Kitchens.

Edited by Ken Aldred

12 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve never been able to motivate myself into being more original than using my middle name.

However, on occasion I have been tempted to change it as a homage to a much-loved, sadly-missed and highly-respected former contributor to these message boards; Lancashire Kitchens.

That would really be a crisis of identity. I assume you would as you put it make it an homage.. so something like. 

TheKitchensofLancashire...

A lot of the old guard would immediately understand. :cloud9: