• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reslab a Signature Series Comic
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have to re-slab a cracked case on a SS book certified through CGC. Has anyone had to do this before and, if so, what has been the result/experience? Book was pricey and I am concerned about signature damage or potential grade decrease. 

1) Because its a CGC SS book I assume it would keep the SS label correct?

2) Do the books get regraded again? 

From my understanding the grade could potentially change as they would run the book through a new grading process once it's been removed for the signing. If the book gets damaged from being removed or in transit/the signing - they would have to grade it as received in hand post the signing.

There is a service called “re-holder” where they essentially change your case to a newer case.  It is cheaper than regrade, and they do not regrade it.  they stick it in a new slab with the same grade.

In the event the slab damage resulted in damage to the comic in an obvious way, they may contact you and tell you a regrade is not available and discuss options with you.

check the Cgc website or contact Cgc customer service to get the official answers