• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent collection from Canada
5 5

225 posts in this topic

I saw this on YouTube.  It is a collection of mainly westerns, Dells and Gold Keys our of Canada.  Trigger warning -  the value of the collection fell by 15% the moment the buyer began manhandling the books.

Thanks for sharing @cheetah!  Even with  your trigger warning, this video gave me PTSD flashbacks of when I set up conventions back in the day.  Every once in a while, you'd get somebody going through your boxes like this and the whole time inside I'd be thinking "Do. Not. Bend. The. Comics!!!"

Always tough watching some guy who knows nothing about comics buy a large collection like this.

It always makes me sad to see somebody's collection bulked out like this (as I'm sure it was). I can appreciate the bind the family is in, but the whole pennies-on-the-dollar received for a collection that took all those many hours to assemble and curate... well, as I said, it's an oft inevitable dose of reality that makes me sad. :frown:

8 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

It always makes me sad to see somebody's collection bulked out like this (as I'm sure it was). I can appreciate the bind the family is in, but the whole pennies-on-the-dollar received for a collection that took all those many hours to assemble and curate... well, as I said, it's an oft inevitable dose of reality that makes me sad. :frown:

True.  I assume the buyer will want Overstreet NM prices for the westerns, too.

40 minutes ago, Timely said:

Probably worth $100,000 if there are 10,000 pieces worth 10 bucks a piece on average.

Unfortunately, as I've said a few times in the past already...............in today's red hot robust vintage collectible comic book marketplace, it's a whole lot harder to sell a thousand $10 books, as opposed to selling just one $10,000 comic book.  hm  (thumbsu

57 minutes ago, Bronty said:

10,000 pieces of unsellable junk.

Antique shop should be able to double his money at antique and collectible shows once they start up in 2022. Until then, it is off to eBay, Kijiji and trying to swap them out by the pound for other antiques like once hot Tarzan comics.

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

even though there are no superhero comics it's still a neat collection

Guess that is why about 10 comic and toy shops in closer Calgary, AB all said, 'No thanks' to the skids full of cowboy comics. Antique dealer drove 6 hours round trip for this 'treasure.'

Just now, aardvark88 said:

Guess that is why about 10 comic and toy shops in closer Calgary, AB all said, 'No thanks' to the skids full of cowboy comics. Antique dealer drove 6 hours round trip for this 'treasure.'

not valuable, little or no demand for these type comics . just a neat collection !!

1 hour ago, Hap Hazard said:

interesting collection but will be tough to sell most of it.

I have a skid of vintage 1993-94 Image, Valiant, Wizard mags and b/w's all in unread gem mint condition to sell, if he is still buying to flip. Too bad AB has been in a provincial recession for the last 4 years b4 Covid hit.