• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent collection from Canada
5 5

225 posts in this topic

Just now, iggy said:

I bought Lash 71-80 and all the Charlton Rocky Lanes.

Then you must know of what I speak! That would take a loooonnnggg time to put together - you're paying less per book than on the 'Bay or elsewhere AND someone took the time and did all the legwork putting them together.  Congrats! (thumbsu

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:
4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess old FD must have done alright in the end since the Roy Rogers Annual went for just a measly $440 plus the 15% BP which is still peanuts for a supposedly super super rare book.  :applause:

I did buy a few books, some things that I will later flip on eBay. its all good. I have buyers for this kind of stuff.

Well, if I wasn't asleep at the switch, you definitely would have had to pay a bit more for that Roy Rogers Annual.  :bigsmile:

14 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess old FD must have done alright in the end since the Roy Rogers Annual went for just a measly $440 plus the 15% BP which is still peanuts for a supposedly super super rare book.  :applause:

Yeesh!  What was the grade (was it CGC)?  I've never signed up for a CC account, or would have bid much more than that!

1 hour ago, Bookery said:

What was the grade (was it CGC)?

It was a CGC 5.5

Compare that with a CGC 5.5 at Heritage back in 2009 that went for $717 (a 2.0 at Heritage in 2008 also sold for basically the same as this copy - $448)

You may not be that far off Tim, with a CGC NM copy fetching bucks. The highest graded CGC copy (an 8.0) sold at ComicLink, back in 2016, for $2,433, so a CGC 9.4 could bring close to the numbers you were mentioning.

Edited by DanCooper

18 hours ago, DanCooper said:

One way to see it, is go to the drop down box on top and select "Sold" items and in the search box type in "quick draw" then on the side bar menu select sort by "Auctions" (see the RED square boxes I highlighted below)

image.png.6a03085da3fede9a81b12856fdd39ef0.png

Making this possible is one of the few improvements on their new site. Otherwise I liked the old site better. But on the old site, once a book was sold, it was hard to locate unless you had saved their emails with the links to the individual books. 

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

youtube video update. Around 2 minutes in he discusses total costs including purchase, shipping, grading = $20,000 us.

He then says the total profit was $20,000 us. So very good total calculation @thehumantorch

If he took his time he could have done better but not bad for a quick flip.  I can’t imagine grading was much of that total as there weren’t that many graded books for auction.  Wonder if he held anything back?

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

If he took his time he could have done better but not bad for a quick flip.  I can’t imagine grading was much of that total as there weren’t that many graded books for auction.  Wonder if he held anything back?

I recall in a previous videohe said all of it is at auction. What Comicconnect didnt take he sent to Kastner Auctions.

44 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I recall in a previous videohe said all of it is at auction. What Comicconnect didnt take he sent to Kastner Auctions.

I'm guessing he didn't include sales at Kastner in his total profit.  Granted, I don't think he'll get much from Kastner as it's the least interesting stuff and Kastner isn't a comic auction site.

I’ve been subscribed to Alex’ channel for a few years now, I thought it was cool how he bought an animation cel from a homeless guy who found it in the trash and after he resold it for a surprising amount, tracked down the homeless guy (wasn’t easy) to share the profits. The money he gave got the guy off the streets and he eventually was able to become self employed- I think as a handyman. Shortly after that was the potter’s house (original series titled hoarder house) which became an interesting series of videos. The latest Kastner auction will have some of the last of the potter’s pieces.

Edited by iggy
Typo

1 hour ago, iggy said:

I’ve been subscribed to Alex’ channel for a few years now, I thought it was cool how he bought an animation cel from a homeless guy who found it in the trash and after he resold it for a surprising amount, tracked down the homeless guy (wasn’t easy) to share the profits. The money he gave got the guy off the streets and he eventually was able to become self employed- I think as a handyman. Shortly after that was the potter’s house (original series titled hoarder house) which became an interesting series of videos. The latest Kastner auction will have some of the last of the potter’s pieces.

her pottery, pictures, glazing formulas are all items he is currently auctioning at Kastner.

35 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

her pottery, pictures, glazing formulas are all items he is currently auctioning at Kastner.

Yep, what’s left of the collection. The majority of her pottery all sold previously at another K auction.

15 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I think he sold a few of the comics privately right after announcing them.  Did anyone notice that all the good Tim Holt's were missing (ie #30, etc.), and most of the Ghost Rider's.  I think someone got to him before he wised up...hm

same buyer also got all of the comic price guides.