• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent collection from Canada
5 5

225 posts in this topic

“When you find number 1s of anything, that’s where the money is.”

It is good to know he did well on his investment though, as it shows that the market for these books isn’t as dead as I feel like some people would have feared. 

Edited by D2

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:22 PM, lou_fine said:

My guess is that it turned out to be quite a bit substantially less than his original hoped for asking price of $60,000?  hm

we paid $15,000 cdn

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:
On 9/16/2020 at 9:22 PM, lou_fine said:

My guess is that it turned out to be quite a bit substantially less than his original hoped for asking price of $60,000?  hm

we paid $15,000 cdn

Yep, any bets that although a humongous collection of low demand drek that guides for $60K might net the seller only $15K due to all of the ancillary costs, time, and hassle to sell it, while a HTF in-demand GA classic cover book that guides for $15K might have a chance to net the seller close to $60K in a high profile auction without much problem at all.  hm  (:

Guess which one I would much rather deal with when it comes to selling.  :bigsmile:  

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

As an FYI, I know the buyer of the comic book price guides. He did not get any of the Tim Holt's and/or Ghost Riders. Just the OSPGs.

Also, the first Price Guide was a 2nd print.

good to know, clearly my informant has bad info!

Edited by Artboy99