• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Knight 1, Black Cat Mystery 50 CGC'd
2 2

30 posts in this topic

Two cool books this evening - Black Knight 1 and Black Cat Mystery 50.

Payment - PayPal preferred, bank transfer also okay.

Packing - Book will be sent boxed, and shipped by FedEx International Priority (3-4 day delivery).

Returns - No quibble as long as it's sent back within two weeks of receipt and is in the same condition as sent.

No naughty folks.

Books in a moment.

7 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

Black Knight 1 CGC 6.5. Recent GPA on this book has been $12K for a 7.0, and $5K for a 5.0. Asking $8995.

Black Knight 1 CGC 6.5.jpg

This is one nice looking book. Best of luck with your sale. If I was smart, I would sell my BK #1 CGC 4.5 while the price is so high. The only things holding me back are 1) I have finally completed my run of #1 - #5, and it's highly unlikely that I would never get another copy of issue #1, and b) there's no real big purchase I'm looking to make. My next big purchase is going to be an Avengers #2 in CGC 6.0 or better. I certainly don't need $3500+ to afford that. I would also like to upgrade my copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 from a CGC 0.5 to a CGC 3.0. I would have to sell my current copy of AF #15, along with BK #1 CGC 4.5 and Hulk #181, and I am not even sure that would raise enough for an AF #15 CGC 3.0.

7 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

This is one nice looking book. Best of luck with your sale. If I was smart, I would sell my BK #1 CGC 4.5 while the price is so high. The only things holding me back are 1) I have finally completed my run of #1 - #5, and it's highly unlikely that I would never get another copy of issue #1, and b) there's no real big purchase I'm looking to make. My next big purchase is going to be an Avengers #2 in CGC 6.0 or better. I certainly don't need $3500+ to afford that. I would also like to upgrade my copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 from a CGC 0.5 to a CGC 3.0. I would have to sell my current copy of AF #15, along with BK #1 CGC 4.5 and Hulk #181, and I am not even sure that would raise enough for an AF #15 CGC 3.0.

I hear that Black Cat 50s are remarkably good too...

On 9/14/2020 at 4:50 PM, goldust40 said:

Black Cat Mystery 50 CGC 5.0. One of the top three all-time greatest pre-code covers. $8250. Price is firm on this one.

Black Cat 50 CGC 5.0.jpg

Black Cat 50 CGC 5.0 back.jpg

So cool to see this offered on the boards (even though I can't afford it). I always wondered if the poor guy on the cover attempted to smoke a cylinder of radium, and what would have possessed him to make such a poor life choice. 

8 minutes ago, smithdatura said:

So cool to see this offered on the boards (even though I can't afford it). I always wondered if the poor guy on the cover attempted to smoke a cylinder of radium, and what would have possessed him to make such a poor life choice. 

He thought Radium was a type of cigar.