• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official November Heritage Auction Thread
2 2

411 posts in this topic

I'm totally tapped out this round... that's what Jim Lee and Frazetta wins one after the other do to ya.  Been keeping busy with 60s Archie pickups, at least, but not in the auctions.

When I know I'm out of ammo, I don't bother checking out what HA has got.  Ignorance is bliss... 

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

That book is highly coveted.  I thought there was someone trying to put the entire issue together a while back but could be wrong.

The page that went for 155K was a half-splash with the Surfer.  And a collector was putting together another Surfer book but not this one. 

On 10/11/2020 at 9:10 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Finally, I think Aparo has hit a high point in pricing, and with some rare exceptions, don’t see a lot of growth (some, but not like great newer artists). 

As a minor follow-up, an average/low average Aparo Phantom Stranger page just sold for $360 on Heritage. That is the lowest price I have seen for one with the lead character in it in at least 3-4 years and only the second below $500. Compare that to the $1,100 and $1,295 pages being offered by Archangels (who does typically run high), and the market may be correcting itself.

Next up? How about adjustments to the pricing of Ross Andru pieces? Another good artist, but outside of Spider-man, are they justified?

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

This is going to be a VERY bad auction for me.  There are several Peanuts strips I really like plus a TON of super high grade Batman's. This could be the auction that decides if I change my board name :cry:

To “Broke but Happy”? How about “Newly Divorced?”

7 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Yes, you are WAY high.

lol good to know!    I love that issue myself so I look at art from it like gold I guess ;)

What do you think is more realistic Scott?

18 minutes ago, Bronty said:

lol good to know!    I love that issue myself so I look at art from it like gold I guess ;)

What do you think is more realistic Scott?

I guess the 155k page is a lot better than I remember; that bottom panel is fantastic.   See below.   That sale was 2012.    

Maybe 65-75k then for the one being auctioned now?   (I see somewhat similar FF 55 pages around 40-50k around that 2012 time frame but I have to think those might crack 100 now.   I'd probably buy the 40-50k panels at those 2012-2013 prices myself and I'm never competitive on marvel SA or most comic art in general - although as we've established I love the issue lol ). 

155 in 2012

7551052%5D,sizedata%5B200x400%5D&call=ur

45k in 2013

10657240%5D,sizedata%5B200x400%5D&call=u

Edited by Bronty

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I will either be P-Nutz or remain batman_fan

Has Batman's-Nutz-Fan been considered? 

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I can honestly say that Batman's-Nutz-Fan has not been consider as a new name.

Well, I'm just in time then, aren't I?