• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official November Heritage Auction Thread
2 2

411 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I can honestly say that Batman's-Nutz-Fan has not been consider as a new name.

To keep it consistent we can go with Batmanz-Nutz-Fan

9 minutes ago, Matches_Malone said:

Didnt Burkey had it on hist site not too long ago?

And wasn't he hyping it here as an example of an unpublished cover that is worth more than the published cover?  What a coincidence! 

6 hours ago, tth2 said:

And wasn't he hyping it here as an example of an unpublished cover that is worth more than the published cover?  What a coincidence! 

I believe he was discussing 82 actually.  Electro cover by Severin IIRC (published) versus a relatively strong Romita (unpublished).   The unpublished was much more pleasing to the eye and was by the artist with the stronger market value generally, so Mike was simply expressing a reasonable opinion, in my view. 

Edited by Bronty

58 minutes ago, Bronty said:
7 hours ago, tth2 said:

I believe he was discussing 82 actually.  Electro cover by Severin IIRC (published) versus a relatively strong Romita (unpublished).   The unpublished was much more pleasing to the eye and was by the artist with the stronger market value generally, so Mike was simply expressing a reasonable opinion, in my view. 

Okay, thanks.  I withdraw my comment.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:51 PM, batman_fan said:

How crazy high will this one go?  Unpublished cover which can be hard to predict.

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 5.49.45 PM.png

As a Spidey guy who likes Romita art, I should be all over this, but I’m finding it difficult to feel excited about this cover, because:

1. Um, it’s the Kangaroo.  Ohhhh, ahhhh, lame-o.

2. Spidey’s back is facing the reader, a deterrent for me.

3. It’s just a normal looking guy wanting to jump on (over?) Spidey.  No super villain costume, no death-ray or otherwise perilous contraptions to add to the frenzy and danger of the moment.  Just...YAWN 😴 

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

As a Spidey guy who likes Romita art, I should be all over this, but I’m finding it difficult to feel excited about this cover, because:

3. It’s just a normal looking guy wanting to jump on (over?) Spidey.  No super villain costume, no death-ray or otherwise perilous contraptions to add to the frenzy and danger of the moment.  Just...YAWN 😴 

But...but...he's wearing a vest

17 minutes ago, glendgold said:

But...but...he's wearing a vest

So that's NOT chest (ummm and back) hair?

Edited by comix4fun
forgot the (alleged) back hair

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

The top half of this 81 unpub cover is all stat...... if you look closely at scan you can see the razor cut....everything below that razor cut is drawn art...everything above is stat.

39 minutes ago, romitaman said:

The top half of this 81 unpub cover is all stat...... if you look closely at scan you can see the razor cut....everything below that razor cut is drawn art...everything above is stat.

Thanks for the additional info, Mike. So now there's 4 solid reasons why I'm not 'feeling' this cover.