• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official November Heritage Auction Thread
2 2

411 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ESeffinga said:

I wonder if he liked Jamie Lee Curtis.

Going to far (even for me) to post further details of Kearny's predilections here but I'm thinking "no".

You guys all have internet search and can research further for yourselves...if you want :(

On 10/2/2020 at 9:41 PM, glendgold said:

I have never seen this piece of art before, I don't know who the character is, I don't know what book it's from, but it's Liefeld, right?  I could tell because + pouches and - 

Edited by gumbydarnit

2 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

Seems like a grail for the right guy. If only there were such a guy - @Rick2you2

I really do appreciate all the catches, but no, it wouldn’t be a grail or even a purchase candidate. To me, this is a fun hobby, not an investment vehicle. That kind of item will sell for way more than I will spend for fun, and if I did own it, I couldn’t part with it. So, it wouldn’t qualify as an investment. I also have a few of his pieces, and for now, that will do. Second, I really like variety in my single mindedness. I would much rather have several different artists’ works with the character for style comparison than a heavy concentration of Aparo or anyone else. Other people are the opposite: same artist, different Peanuts scenes and characters (so to speak). Finally, I think Aparo has hit a high point in pricing, and with some rare exceptions, don’t see a lot of growth (some, but not like great newer artists). I could be wrong on pricing, of course. I still can’t figure out all the love for Richard Dillon. But, keep it coming if you spot something. There’s always something out there I may have missed.

Edited by Rick2you2

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I would say left nut and one kidney but that is just a guess.

I'd say that's a tremendous guess.

I remember a page from 55 went for 150 a while back and while it shocked everyone at the time, from what I recall of it I like this page better.    Could this be a 250 panel?    Or am I just high AF, in more ways than one?

Edited by Bronty

1 minute ago, Bronty said:

I'd say that's a tremendous guess.

I remember a page from 55 went for 150 a while back and while it shocked everyone at the time, from what I recall of it I like this page better.    Could this be a 250 panel?    Or am I just high AF, in more ways than one?

That book is highly coveted.  I thought there was someone trying to put the entire issue together a while back but could be wrong.

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

This is going to be a VERY bad auction for me.  There are several Peanuts strips I really like plus a TON of super high grade Batman's. This could be the auction that decides if I change my board name :cry:

Punishment bids duly planned. :devil: