• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Danz Comix
4 4

28 posts in this topic

Anyone here have any experience buying from Danz Comix and Collektibles? Their site is https://danzcomix.com/

I placed an order with them a month ago today - 8/16. On their site they say orders are usually shipped within 5-7 business days. I reached out to them on 8/26 to see if I could get an update, since I didn't hear back except for the email confirming my order. They got back to me and said they were very busy and hoped to ship my order the week of 8/31. After hearing nothing the week of 8/31, I reached back out on 9/10 to ask for an update, and then again yesterday, 9/14. I've gotten no response.

Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with them - their site says they're a small shop, so I understand getting overwhelmed with orders, but this is a bit much. They appear to have an Amazon store under the same name and the reviews are 98% positive, including 100% positives from the past 30 and 90 days...

I'm noticing a lot of businesses (not just comics/collectables, but on all fronts) not providing quality service, communications, timing, etc. of late.

I haven't ventured out to a restaurant recently, but have heard back from friends and relatives who have, that even though capacities are down, service in some spots has been atrocious and slow (and these are long-time establishments that were attended on a regular basis in the past)

I don't know if it is due to a "pandemic hangover" or quality staff personnel being cut and/or not returning, but there is a sense of something lacking out there in some cases across a variety of businesses.

I know if I was running a business in this day and age, that we are currently living in, I would want to make sure my customer base was taken care of properly and would even make sure to go the extra yard or so to secure their patronage.

I know there are things that are out people's control like supplies and deliveries, etc., but the one thing that anyone can control is communication and making sure the lines are open. And I think that is all most people are asking for in today's current climate.

If they really are as small a shop as they claim to be and they are struggling, I hate to initiate a chargeback, as that can eventually have repercussions for small businesses who do a majority of their sales through credit card orders (in addition to added fees for them). But it's getting to the point where I'm not going to have a choice.

1 minute ago, Jesse-Lee said:

If they really are as small a shop as they claim to be and they are struggling, I hate to initiate a chargeback, as that can eventually have repercussions for small businesses who do a majority of their sales through credit card orders (in addition to added fees for them). But it's getting to the point where I'm not going to have a choice.

I would say write them a polite email (telling them all relevant dates including other dates you've attempted to contact) and give them a date that you will initiate a chargeback if they do not respond, AND a date (in the event they respond) that you will initiate a chargeback if you don't receive your order.  Then you will have truly given them every chance (certainly more than is reasonable).

Other than that, you can consider trying to find them on social media, they might be more likely to respond to public questions.

2 minutes ago, revat said:

I would say write them a polite email (telling them all relevant dates including other dates you've attempted to contact) and give them a date that you will initiate a chargeback if they do not respond, AND a date (in the event they respond) that you will initiate a chargeback if you don't receive your order.  Then you will have truly given them every chance (certainly more than is reasonable).

Other than that, you can consider trying to find them on social media, they might be more likely to respond to public questions.

Thanks, I think writing them once more is the route I'm going to take. I was really hoping to get the books, but as they were modern issues and more sought after, my bet is that ship has sailed either way. The most I'm hoping for now is that they just do a straight refund I guess.

15 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Tell them that.

Hi!- I have dealt with DANZ.  I had two orders (April 2020) and finally just told him refund them which he did PROMPTLY.  My friend also ordered from him (and was going to cancel but I said man he refunded prompt so I’m thinking just be patient) and within a few weeks received his order (which included Ultimate Fallout 4 for cheap)!!  I also had that book ordered but wasn’t patient.  I have since reordered with him again in July and still nothing - my advice is be patient- I think you have 6 months or more to file with your credit card / bank so if they are books you really want I feel like he will deliver (eventually)-

he is also on Amazon with great reviews so I think he services them first (because they are very strict)- and this is statues.  I think his comic book side of the business is neglected.

be patient.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:59 AM, radd76 said:

Hi!- I have dealt with DANZ.  I had two orders (April 2020) and finally just told him refund them which he did PROMPTLY.  My friend also ordered from him (and was going to cancel but I said man he refunded prompt so I’m thinking just be patient) and within a few weeks received his order (which included Ultimate Fallout 4 for cheap)!!  I also had that book ordered but wasn’t patient.  I have since reordered with him again in July and still nothing - my advice is be patient- I think you have 6 months or more to file with your credit card / bank so if they are books you really want I feel like he will deliver (eventually)-

he is also on Amazon with great reviews so I think he services them first (because they are very strict)- and this is statues.  I think his comic book side of the business is neglected.

be patient.

Hey, your post is finally approved, welcome to the board! Thanks again for the DM.

Just to update this thread in case anyone else is interested, I did end up reaching out to him, and I (very politely, but with clear communication on timing) said I was going to file a chargeback. He got back to me within an hour, also with a very polite message which basically said "Please don't do a chargeback, if you want to cancel I'll refund you right away." He said he was sorry, but was really understaffed and swamped. He gave me the option of a refund now or that if I could wait a little longer he'd sent the order. I told him I'd wait for now if he could guarantee he still has the books to fill my order and he said he did, so for now I'm just waiting...

It's been about 6 weeks since my initial order (and none of the books were pre-order books) - I'm going to wait a couple/few more weeks and see how it goes. From talking to him, I really did get the sense that he's just really, really understaffed and is having a really hard time keeping up. I didn't get a "shady" vibe, just more of an "overwhelmed" one.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:11 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Hey, your post is finally approved, welcome to the board! Thanks again for the DM.

Just to update this thread in case anyone else is interested, I did end up reaching out to him, and I (very politely, but with clear communication on timing) said I was going to file a chargeback. He got back to me within an hour, also with a very polite message which basically said "Please don't do a chargeback, if you want to cancel I'll refund you right away." He said he was sorry, but was really understaffed and swamped. He gave me the option of a refund now or that if I could wait a little longer he'd sent the order. I told him I'd wait for now if he could guarantee he still has the books to fill my order and he said he did, so for now I'm just waiting...

It's been about 6 weeks since my initial order (and none of the books were pre-order books) - I'm going to wait a couple/few more weeks and see how it goes. From talking to him, I really did get the sense that he's just really, really understaffed and is having a really hard time keeping up. I didn't get a "shady" vibe, just more of an "overwhelmed" one.

Have you received your books?  I placed an order today, not feeling optimistic after reading this tread.

30 minutes ago, TTony said:

Have you received your books?  I placed an order today, not feeling optimistic after reading this tread.

I have not... sorry man. Contacted him twice this week and no response. I'm going to try again next week, but soon I'll just ask for the refund. It's been more than 2 months now, and I had no pre-order books in the order, so they should have gone out in the site's stated "5-7 days" for shipping.

9 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I have not... sorry man. Contacted him twice this week and no response. I'm going to try again next week, but soon I'll just ask for the refund. It's been more than 2 months now, and I had no pre-order books in the order, so they should have gone out in the site's stated "5-7 days" for shipping.

Get the refund already and put your energy into finding the books elsewhere. 2c

4 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

Get the refund already and put your energy into finding the books elsewhere. 2c

Yeah, I need to do that - I'm like a dog with a bone on this one, I just can't give it up! My potentially worse news is, at the same time I ordered from this place, I also made an order with ComicXposure before knowing anything about them. That order included preorder books that come out on 10/27. So we'll see how that one goes too I guess... :facepalm: I've wised up since then as to where I buy my books.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

I have the same issue. Bought tons of stuff on the site in August and the guy stopped responding to emails. He promised me a month ago I would have them in a few days. I am just going to dispute the charges and have the bank deal with him now.

Edited by mgm05e

I e-mailed him about my concerns immediately after placing the order.  Should we just send a link to this thread?  I'm about ready to order something from them on Amazon just to get a response.

What was strange about my order is that only "some" of the items I ordered showed out of stock on the website (short run of Hulk 14-17) other items did not (Thor God of Thunder 1-12).  I thought that did not make sense.

On 10/17/2020 at 7:10 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yeah, I need to do that - I'm like a dog with a bone on this one, I just can't give it up! My potentially worse news is, at the same time I ordered from this place, I also made an order with ComicXposure before knowing anything about them. That order included preorder books that come out on 10/27. So we'll see how that one goes too I guess... :facepalm: I've wised up since then as to where I buy my books.

Oh no.... ComicXposure :(

I ordered some variants and had to get my bank involved because they came in damaged.  Spent over a month trying to get them to respond and crickets......

So while you may get them, or may not, good luck with it being in good condition and good luck getting them at all.

4 minutes ago, TTony said:

Does anyone have any updates?  I got one e-mail response from BatDan a couple weeks ago promising shipment within 1 week but then ghosted after that.  I'm going to file for refunds from credit card company if I do not get feedback by tomorrow.

I waited a bit longer, reached out a couple of more times without response and finally filed for a refund with my credit card company yesterday. I was half hoping it would prompt a shipment, but so far I've heard nothing. I assume I'll just get a refund at this point. Sucks because I really wanted the books and they're now going for a lot more than what they were when I ordered them, but I guess that's how it goes.

Just saw on their website that the recent Alex Ross covers have been added.  Struggling to understand how they have bandwidth to add products to their website but not to ship out existing orders or even just to reply to customer e-mails?  Will be calling my credit card company to reverse payment, this is not a way to run a business.  I'm not happy as several of the books I ordered I could have picked up elsewhere in the meantime.

On October 25 I received the following message:

"We are back on track and shipping orders again!  Your order should be shipping very soon (a week or less). - BatDan"

Nothing since then.  I'm in NorCal, DanzComix is in SoCal so shipping time is not an issue.