• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Danz Comix
4 4

28 posts in this topic

Another update.  Feedback is that the Amazon business is taking up too much time and some comics are stored offsite, which would require too much time to ship.  Dan is processing refunds on many orders but giving feedback that the orders will be honored in a couple months when Amazon dies down after the pandemic or he hires an employee.  Dan is saying he will reach out when ready.

Is Dan totally on Amazon now? I tried to place an order on his site (prior to reading this thread) and after going through everything (this isn't a complaint about site design so much as I looked for a long time...then decided to checkout) all seemed to check out until I got to payment where I was informed Danz is not accepting payments. Boo.

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

Is Dan totally on Amazon now? I tried to place an order on his site (prior to reading this thread) and after going through everything (this isn't a complaint about site design so much as I looked for a long time...then decided to checkout) all seemed to check out until I got to payment where I was informed Danz is not accepting payments. Boo.

Back when I was having all the issues, I got an email about how his store was swamped, couldn't keep up, etc. He said he was refunding everyone but would keep the books they ordered set aside, and when he was back up to capacity he'd contact people to see if they still wanted the books at the original purchase price. However, I still never saw a refund after that and I had to get my credit card to settle the refund, and I definitely didn't get a follow-up email. Between him and ComicXposure (who I also had to get my credit card to settle a refund), it was a bad couple of months. Not to mention the fact that the books I ordered blew up after all that, so I would have had to pay literally 4-5x as much to get the books elsewhere compared to if my order went through...

3 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Back when I was having all the issues, I got an email about how his store was swamped, couldn't keep up, etc. He said he was refunding everyone but would keep the books they ordered set aside, and when he was back up to capacity he'd contact people to see if they still wanted the books at the original purchase price. However, I still never saw a refund after that and I had to get my credit card to settle the refund, and I definitely didn't get a follow-up email. Between him and ComicXposure (who I also had to get my credit card to settle a refund), it was a bad couple of months. Not to mention the fact that the books I ordered blew up after all that, so I would have had to pay literally 4-5x as much to get the books elsewhere compared to if my order went through...

Yeah, I got the same promise but never heard back.  Had to go through my credit card to get a refund after he said he would process a refund.  His phone number was on the credit card charge and he seemed surprised when I called him to ask the status of my order.  Even after speaking with him I still had to go through the cc company for a refund.  He keeps some comics in a offsite storage that is hard for him to get to and Amazon orders for toys keeps him busy.  Wouldn't be surprised if the cc companies cut him off because of all the cancelled orders.  Seemed like a nice guy who was overwhelmed on the phone but sometimes nice guys can't run businesses.  He said he was looking for additional help but I guess that never happened either.

Edited by TTony

1 hour ago, KPR Comics said:

I avoid sellers that use Zs and Xs for Ss and Ks for Cs in their names.

Took my post lol

I tend to avoid sellers based on this as well. I know online names have been difficult since the mid 2000s but still, I'm not trusting businesses that don't use proper spelling.