• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 39 - The Grade is in
1 1

30 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Maybe it didn't need the press? 

@allthingskryptonite it was performed by a very well respected presser. He did a great job on the book so zero complaints from me.

Jeffro - Pressing is always a risky proposition - never a slam dunk for a grade bump and I KNOW that before I do any CPR but I did feel this was a gamble worth taking as the difference between a 9.2 and 9.4 is around 2K. So the minor costs involved with a CPR were well worth it to ME. Not everyone will agree with this.

You also need to consider a few other things. It could have been that when the book was originally graded, it may have been one of the so called strict periods and not one of the less strict grading periods, which would have increased this book's chances for a bump. When it was re-graded now, we can now be in another strict period thus keeping the grade as is. It can easily go either way but I'm a gambler at heart and I am not crying over any potential profit lol 

On the bright side, it will display way better in the new case.

43 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

@allthingskryptonite it was performed by a very well respected presser. He did a great job on the book so zero complaints from me.

Jeffro - Pressing is always a risky proposition - never a slam dunk for a grade bump and I KNOW that before I do any CPR but I did feel this was a gamble worth taking as the difference between a 9.2 and 9.4 is around 2K. So the minor costs involved with a CPR were well worth it to ME. Not everyone will agree with this.

You also need to consider a few other things. It could have been that when the book was originally graded, it may have been one of the so called strict periods and not one of the less strict grading periods, which would have increased this book's chances for a bump. When it was re-graded now, we can now be in another strict period thus keeping the grade as is. It can easily go either way but I'm a gambler at heart and I am not crying over any potential profit lol 

That's a very healthy attitude. Congratulations!  :golfclap:

9 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Maybe you should press it again?

Spoiler

:baiting:

10 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

When was the book graded originally?And how do we know if we're in a "strict period"? Reason I'm asking is I have a GSXM 1 that is a 8.5 that has never been pressed(has creases that would benefit from press) and a ASM 300 9.6 originally graded in 2008 that i'd send in.i'm also willing to take the risks just like to know just how much risk I'm getting into?