Are YOU a consumer/client of CGC or just a recipient of a gift
3 3

68 posts in this topic

23,269 posts

Sorry I can't bump up one of the old threads on this topic.  The search function just sucks so bad now.  Do you believe that you should be treated like a customer when you access these boards?  Are the boards an ad for CGC?  Do they serve as a place for CGC to sell ad space?  Do you think CGC makes money off of you being here and participating?  And should you expect any minimum level of service as a result, much as you would at a store of any kind?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,406 posts

Do you believe that you should be treated like a customer when you access these boards? No.
Are the boards an ad for CGC? Yes.
Do they serve as a place for CGC to sell ad space? Yes.
Do you think CGC makes money off of you being here and participating? Yes.
And should you expect any minimum level of service as a result, much as you would at a store of any kind? Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295 posts
3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do you believe that you should be treated like a customer when you access these boards? No.
Are the boards an ad for CGC? Yes.
Do they serve as a place for CGC to sell ad space? Yes.
Do you think CGC makes money off of you being here and participating? Yes.
And should you expect any minimum level of service as a result, much as you would at a store of any kind? Yes.

 
Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,119 posts
53 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do you believe that you should be treated like a customer when you access these boards? No.
Are the boards an ad for CGC? Yes.
Do they serve as a place for CGC to sell ad space? Yes.
Do you think CGC makes money off of you being here and participating? Yes.
And should you expect any minimum level of service as a result, much as you would at a store of any kind? Yes.

If you’re not a customer, why would you expect any minimum level of service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,406 posts
4 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

If you’re not a customer, why would you expect any minimum level of service?

I didn't say that I'm not a customer; I just don't think I should be treated "like a customer".

Gnome a sayin'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,119 posts
2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

My feeling is, this is a free place to talk about and sell comics.  There is more information here than anywhere else.  If people aren't happy with things here, why keep coming back?  Why not go to the other comic book forums instead?

^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,675 posts

We are very lucky to have this venue. I’ve checked out other forums and to be honest have left wanting more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,406 posts
22 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

My feeling is, this is a free place to talk about and sell comics.  There is more information here than anywhere else.  If people aren't happy with things here, why keep coming back?  Why not go to the other comic book forums instead?

Because they suck? :baiting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,370 posts
34 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

If you’re not a customer, why would you expect any minimum level of service?

Maybe it's the way it's worded, and newspapers got into a whole heap of trouble over this when a reporter wanted to cover an important community story that would make one of their advertisers look bad. If you are an advertiser, your conduct shouldn't put yourself at odds with a simple communal function of keeping checks on missteps and bad practices. More specifically, there has been a history on these boards of a certain advertiser having content pulled because it made them look bad. The moment you do this as a site host is the moment you abandon your impartiality, to say nothing of the fact that as it stands, the site hosts principle business is supposedly contingent on impartiality, so it strains the community/consumer and/or board members perception and validity of such claims when the site host complies and removes such content (likely at the request of the paid advertiser).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,269 posts

 

28 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
30 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

My feeling is, this is a free place to talk about and sell comics.  There is more information here than anywhere else.  If people aren't happy with things here, why keep coming back?  Why not go to the other comic book forums instead?

^^

Love it or leave it, eh?  So no criticism of CGC or its products or practices should be tolerated, right?  Newton rings?  Shut up.  Ewert trimming slipping by? Shut up?  Sig series shady practices?  Shut up.  

image.jpeg.b6995a67815e794be0553495298e3627.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,119 posts
4 minutes ago, Transplant said:

 

Love it or leave it, eh?  So no criticism of CGC or its products or practices should be tolerated, right?  Newton rings?  Shut up.  Ewert trimming slipping by? Shut up?  Sig series shady practices?  Shut up.  

image.jpeg.b6995a67815e794be0553495298e3627.jpeg

We criticize CGC everyday.(shrug)

 

You know I’m the last one to drink the friggin’ koolaid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,269 posts
21 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

We criticize CGC everyday.(shrug)

 

You know I’m the last one to drink the friggin’ koolaid 

I know.  Seriously, I do.  But Mike explicitly said if you don't like it why not go somewhere else.  Hyperbole perhaps. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,349 posts

Do you believe that you should be treated like a customer when you access these boards? No, I am not buying anything from CGC by using these boards, therefore I am not CGC customer by my mere use of these boards. 
Are the boards an ad for CGC? Yes.
Do they serve as a place for CGC to sell ad space? Yes.
Do you think CGC makes money off of you being here and participating? Yes, but I also think there is an operating cost associated with maintaining the boards, and it revenue vs operating costs are at best a wash, and more than likely underwater and considered a "cost of doing business".  
And should you expect any minimum level of service as a result, much as you would at a store of any kind? No. And this is not a store, so the question makes an incorrect assumption.

Edited by miraclemet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,119 posts
8 minutes ago, Transplant said:

I know.  Seriously, I do.  But Mike explicitly said if you don't like it why not go somewhere else.  Hyperbole perhaps. 

 

Perhaps 

 

The beauty of these boards is that if you don’t like it, you can start a thread about it. 

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31,909 posts
44 minutes ago, Transplant said:

 

Love it or leave it, eh?  So no criticism of CGC or its products or practices should be tolerated, right?  Newton rings?  Shut up.  Ewert trimming slipping by? Shut up?  Sig series shady practices?  Shut up.  

image.jpeg.b6995a67815e794be0553495298e3627.jpeg

What are the specific changes you would like to see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,119 posts
50 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Maybe it's the way it's worded, and newspapers got into a whole heap of trouble over this when a reporter wanted to cover an important community story that would make one of their advertisers look bad. If you are an advertiser, your conduct shouldn't put yourself at odds with a simple communal function of keeping checks on missteps and bad practices. More specifically, there has been a history on these boards of a certain advertiser having content pulled because it made them look bad. The moment you do this as a site host is the moment you abandon your impartiality, to say nothing of the fact that as it stands, the site hosts principle business is supposedly contingent on impartiality, so it strains the community/consumer and/or board members perception and validity of such claims when the site host complies and removes such content (likely at the request of the paid advertiser).

I gave up on CGC’s impartiality many moons ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3