• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S QUARNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
3 3

229 posts in this topic

Greetings,   Gang!

Yep,  today  is   day  192  of  Lockdown  here  at  Casa  Santman,  and  I'm finally  starting  to get  bored,   
Despite   lockdown  I  have  managed  to  mask up,  glove up,  and   venture out  for  a  couple  small  buying  opportunities,  so  here  are 
some  fresh  goodies  for  you  to  look  over.

Highlights  are  drop  dead   gorgeous  minty  fresh   70's  Disneys,  a  double  handful  of   giveaways,  a modest batch  of   file  copies,  
some   higher  grade  Harveys, and  the  usual  blend  of  weird  bits  and   reader  copies.  

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8.50  Priority shipping to the USA for one to  four comics, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$15 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Richie Rich 89

Flat  and glossy,   tight,   white pages,  with  a  bit  of general  wear  and  a touch  of  rubbing. 

Asking  $10

Qy5CAhu.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Snow  White   nn

Reprints  Four Color  49 

News  stand fresh,   white pages. 

Asking  $10  SOLD!

eDGrUuS.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Dennis the Menace  and  Dirt
1959 giveaway

Rough  reader,    small pieces out FC,  good  sized   tear upper  RH  FC. 
Sixteen  color pages interior,   back   cover is blank. Tight,   offwhite  pages.

Asking  $5  SOLD!

BeUWd4o.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Tales  To  Astonish 15

Splits upper  and  lower  spine,   chipping  RH  and lower  edge FC, couple  small  pcs out  LH  edge  BC.  Book  is flat  and tight, 
bit of  gloss left, white  pages,   couple  small  tears  interior.
Electro  prototype issue. 

Asking  $65

NcmMDQI.jpg

Cinderella nn
Reprints  Four Color 272

Another  minty fresh  copy,   white  pages. And yes, that's  some  odd  coloration  upper  RH  FC,  appears  to be  a  dab
of  miscolor  from  the printer,  it's  all  in  dots,  just like the  rest of the  colors on the cover.

Asking  $10  SOLD!

xGtM091.jpg

Edited by catrick339

AAAAAAAND  were back!

Space Adventures 24 
Five page  Ditko  story!  Cover loose,  small pieces out here  and there,   short  tears,   general  wear. 
Interior is nice,   tight with offwhite  pages,    couple  small tears interior.  

Decent enough  reader for $15

RrvCOW3.jpg

Chip 'n' Dale 13

First   (and  the worst)  of  the  file  copies.  Sorry,   no  idea   WHOSE  files  these  are  out of,  I'm  at least the third-hand buyer on this batch. 

And its  STILL   pretty  nice.  Flat,  tight,  glossy, white pages,   but  a  touch  of  rubbing  and  storage  wear.  

Asking  $10  SOLD!

ZbooTaz.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Journey Into Mystery 67

Old tape repairs  FC  an upper  spine,  upper staple pulled,  general  wear.  Interior is nice,   with  a  couple  small  tears,  offwhite - white pages. 

Nice  reader for $35

nbXfkgm.jpg

Walt Disney's Comics  and  Stories 464

Minty  Fresh,  white pages,  but note the  horizontal  printer's wrinkle  upper  RH  FC, it qas  on all three  copies I  got in the buy. 
Runs  straight through  the   "COMICS" in  the logo,  but  may  not be visible in  the  scan. 

Asking $15

okK8ZgO.jpg

Superboy 147,  Eighty  Page  Giant

Flat and square,  decent  gloss left,  white  pages,  tight  spine,  but  some  general  wear,  2" spine split  upper  FC. 
Important and popular  enough that  DC  did  a  replica  printing  a  while  back.

Asking  $15  SOLD!

69rMhSy.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Uncle  Scrooge 144
News  stand  Fresh!  White pages. 

Overstreet  9.2  is  $45, but  I  bought  this batch  well,  so  I'm  asking  $30.  Pretty  firm.  Good  candidate  for  a  slab. 

TTNFRmH.jpg

Maverick 16

General  wear  on a decent lower  grade  copy,   Roger  Moore   photo cover! Tight  with offwhite  pages,  
two  teensy   bug  holes  in  cover  just  over   Jack  Kelly's  left  shoulder,  the larger of  the two  goes  through  about   twelve  leaves. 

Asking  $5

xORFQPh.jpg

Walt Disney's Comics  and  Stories 465

Minty  Fresh,  white pages, no  wrinkles  this  time,  :D

Asking $15  SOLD!

8BzGrhq.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Woolworth's  New  Christmas  Book,  1954
Color  cover,   32  color interior  pages,   about  half and half   comics  and  ads pimping  toys for  Christmas.
No,   scratch  that.  On closer  inspection,   the  ad  pages  have  a  decided  advantage,  lol

Split  lower  spine,   upper  staple   pulled,   last  page  has  pencil marks.  

Asking  $5  SOLD!

t13p9iQ.jpg

Edited by catrick339