• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone think this is a good deal or i want to own a comic store!
1 1

39 posts in this topic

Saw this listed on ebay and thought i'd share

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Collection-of-Comic-Books-Big-Variety-of-Titles-Plus-Pops-Bags-Boards/143738950128

since i am in the process of downsizing my collection have no intention of bidding myself, but wanted to hear what others think of a purchase like this

Any time a huge lot is posted for sale that states "The entire lot will be unsorted and nothing cherry picked".......or something similar.......I don't believe it for a second.

If the full size Deadpool statue and full size arcade game is thrown in, then you'd probably only lose half your money.

If there was anything good, it would be shown.

The fact that the 1st app of Typhoid Mary is the 'best' book shown (current 90 day GPA $68) speaks volumes.

Avoid unless you can inspect in person before bidding.

If you win - I'll make you an offer for the Deadpool Statue!

Whenever I see something like this I know I'd just be buying someone else's problems...  Most of the books they flipped through cost more to burn than can be brought in.  I know there are some boardies who can live on that model (and do it very well) but I've got too much going on to worry about moving .25 books.

5 hours ago, anstettoman said:

Saw this listed on ebay and thought i'd share

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Collection-of-Comic-Books-Big-Variety-of-Titles-Plus-Pops-Bags-Boards/143738950128

since i am in the process of downsizing my collection have no intention of bidding myself, but wanted to hear what others think of a purchase like this

Thanks for the topic. Yeah, I could find much better use of $3900 (starting bid!).

Then again I might be interested... oh wait... may not ship to Canada?! I guess it's my loss then ;)

1 hour ago, kav said:

I also avoid comic grab bags on ebay.  Never saw a feedback that said OMG I GOT THE HULK 181!

Reminds me of this awesome listing from Hertiage, you have to read that description.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/miscellaneous-golden-to-modern-age-low-grade-reader-s-copies-comics-long-box-group-various-publishers-1940s-90s-total-18-box-lots-/a/121239-11341.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

:roflmao:
"We just cant figger out how much the older books are worth EVEN THO WE BOUGHT EM OURSELVES!!"
I'm gonna list "Books from the 40s to the 90s!!!  (2 books of funny animals from the 40s, 12 longboxes of 90s drek-)

The fact that this guy has the Web of Spiderman hologram book (a $10 book) under glass tells you all you need to know.  

If he DOES get $4000, he could easily invest in enough SA and BA stock, and perhaps a bunch of modern graphic novels to turn his store into something about 5X better than what it currently looks like, based on the pictures.

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

This is what is left in each box after everything has been cherrypicked...

s-l1600.jpg

Yup

This collection is now the definition of worthless drek.

I’d rather get mugged for $4K & have nothing than be stuck with this carp.

12 hours ago, dupont2005 said:
12 hours ago, kav said:

I also avoid comic grab bags on ebay.  Never saw a feedback that said OMG I GOT THE HULK 181!

If you did it was fake 

They could be real - sell 100 grab bags for $50 each and put a $2,000 Hulk #181 in one of them.  You still make $5,000 and only spend $2,000.  The rest of the grab bags are drek, but you can advertise the heck out of your Hulk #181 winner all over the facetwittergram.

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

They could be real - sell 100 grab bags for $50 each and put a $2,000 Hulk #181 in one of them.  You still make $5,000 and only spend $2,000.  The rest of the grab bags are drek, but you can advertise the heck out of your Hulk #181 winner all over the facetwittergram.

or-sell the grab bags for $50 each, keep the $2,000 Hulk and boom-$7,000.

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

It would also be super easy to make sure your friend won the comic, or just not ship it out at all and make an extra 2 grand. I participate in somewhat high dollar raffles online. The raffle holder has to be reputable and the way I’ve seen it done that makes rigging the raffle least likely is to pull numbers from a box where the last number pulled is the winner. There’s still ways to skew the odds, and I’ve seen raffles where the cousin of the guy hosting the raffle wins the car or whatever, so I’d say participate with caution