• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 15 regrade candidate?
3 3

28 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,Finally got this recently! I really want to get it in a new CGC holder, a few questions:

1) Should I submit it for pressing and a regrade? Do you guys think this is a candidate for a higher grade? Please take a look!

2) If it's not a regrade candidate, should I simply get it in a new holder? Thanks guys!

lf.jpeg

lf (1).jpeg

This book is way above my pay grade 

but

imho, I would take a chance at a regrade as the book falls firmly at 4.5 and has an outside chance at 5.0...hard to tell the condition of the spine with this view. I would be very surprised if the book came back at a 4.0, so risk is minimal

Press? Not sure you’ll get a benefit by I would press any keys like this unless the book was in danger of falling apart 

Good luck and great book!

id love to hear what the pro graders in the group have to say

4 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

Honestly I wouldn’t touch it it looks like a good 4.5 and you never know what could happen when you crack it out anyway great comic to have and your copy looks great

Or this...haha

is your intention to reholder a matter of esthetics with the new case, looking to sell ( hoping for a grade bump), or some other reason?

1 minute ago, Funnybooks said:

Or this...haha

is your intention to reholder a matter of esthetics with the new case, looking to sell ( hoping for a grade bump), or some other reason?

I do like the new case and I definitely want to keep it. Do you think it could get a grade bump?

2 minutes ago, twoseezy said:

I do like the new case and I definitely want to keep it. Do you think it could get a grade bump?

New cases are nice

as the previous 2 boardies mentioned,

There’s always a chance that a book gets “damaged “ due to handling and the grade suffers 

I’m a gambler at heart and so I would take the chance but your mileage (stomach) may vary 

I don’t believe a press would improve the grade. It would be a matter of getting a grader on a “good day” for a grade bump.

Anyone have more experience with sending books in for regrade?

19 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Nice looking 4.5. Looks like it could use some dry cleaning. Hard to tell from the scan if there are subtle, non color-breaking dings that might be pressed out. What do the graders notes say? Is that top staple popped? 

Here are the grader notes:

Grader Notes:   Bottom Back Cover Chip Out
    Center Spine Hole
    Front Cover Multiple Bend
    Front Cover Wear All Edges Breaks Color
    Left Bottom Back Cover Lite Multiple Crease
    Right Top Back Cover Tear
    Spine Moderate Wear Breaks Color
    Top Staple Front Cover Detached

1 minute ago, twoseezy said:

Center Spine Hole

Thanks for sharing the notes. I would think the "top staple front cover detached" and the existing spine wear would hold it back from higher grades. That being said, this is a really nice 4.5 copy as it has no Marvel chipping. I'd recommend just holding this beautiful book as it is and avoiding the risks of cracking it out, shipping, re-grading, etc. 

5 minutes ago, twoseezy said:

Center Spine Hole

The tear, Center spine hole and back cover chip out most likely will keep at 4.5.  I wouldnt chance it especially with the new CGC disclaimer that they are not liable insurance wise if book were to get damaged for reholder purposes

11 minutes ago, 10centcomics said:

Thanks for sharing the notes. I would think the "top staple front cover detached" and the existing spine wear would hold it back from higher grades. That being said, this is a really nice 4.5 copy as it has no Marvel chipping. I'd recommend just holding this beautiful book as it is and avoiding the risks of cracking it out, shipping, re-grading, etc. 

This

A reholder would be desired only if you really like the new cases. That is a 4.5 and the popped staple should keep from 5.0. 

1 hour ago, twoseezy said:

Center Spine Hole

Agree with everyone else who has said leave it alone, an upgrade seems unlikely based on these notes.  Its a beautiful 4.5!

7 hours ago, twoseezy said:

Center Spine Hole

Oof, ok that answers it well. Leave it in that holder and dont touch it. It can't get higher but it could get lower, so avoid extra handling.