• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 15 regrade candidate?
3 3

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, twoseezy said:

Got it, thanks so much you guys! 

I will keep it in the old holder. Even if I got it in the new holder, the chance of a downgrade still exists right? Thats not a risk I'm willing to take, especially with a staple detached!

I'm led to believe if you just want a new holder, they will do that w/o regrading. If so, I would go for the new holder.

6 hours ago, twoseezy said:

Ok do you think they would lower the grade when they re-holder it?

During the re-holder process, the book is often kept in the same inner well and only the outer shell is replaced. However, since the book is in an older holder, they may decide to replace the entire thing, which would involve taking the book completely out. They wouldn't regrade it unless something happened to change the current grade...

Edited by The Lions Den

4 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

During the re-holder process, the book is often kept in the same inner well and only the outer shell is replaced. However, since the book is in an older holder, they may decide to replace the entire thing, which would involve taking the book completely out. They wouldn't regrade it unless something happened to change the current grade...

Right. They would really have to rough house it to instigate them to submit it to the regrading process. Nearmint has my ex copy of Batman #9. It was and still is an 8.0 after he had it reholdered and it was in an old label holder. I'd be furious if it came back with a lower grade. Didn't ask for a regrade and so something must have happened in shop to cause the lower grade. A book like that would be insured if it were mine. My Bat #3 and #9 were.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, twoseezy said:

Hi everyone,Finally got this recently! I really want to get it in a new CGC holder, a few questions:

1) Should I submit it for pressing and a regrade? Do you guys think this is a candidate for a higher grade? Please take a look!

2) If it's not a regrade candidate, should I simply get it in a new holder? Thanks guys!

lf.jpeg

lf (1).jpeg

I owned this book in somewhat better presentation condition. It had a 5.0 I no longer own it. I would not advise resubmission.  The detached staple is an issue you should not take lightly

Edited by Glassman10