• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLINK v HA?
3 3

42 posts in this topic

Hi everyone...

I'm in the process of buying a new home, and I am cashing out my collection. Nothing major, the best things I have are mid grade ToS39 & Avengers 4, followed by a few grand worth of books in the $100-500 range. I have neither the time nor inclination to list them myself, so I am considering dumping them on one of the auction sites. Any advice on which would provide the best return for me? I did a basic search here and found nothing, my apologies if this topic has been discussed before.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Depends on the books.  I know I wouldn't send Modern Signature Series books to either ComicLink or Heritage.

I think the newest book is a GL/GA 76. They are mostly Marvel keys, again nothing major, with a smattering of Adams DC

3 hours ago, mackenzie999 said:

Hi everyone...

I'm in the process of buying a new home, and I am cashing out my collection. Nothing major, the best things I have are mid grade ToS39 & Avengers 4, followed by a few grand worth of books in the $100-500 range. I have neither the time nor inclination to list them myself, so I am considering dumping them on one of the auction sites. Any advice on which would provide the best return for me? I did a basic search here and found nothing, my apologies if this topic has been discussed before.

Thanks!

If you want to avoid fees, there is a strong likelihood that selling some (especially the $100-500 range books) would move quick and earn you the most buck if sold here. 

For the bigger books I can understand wanting to reach the top market with cash to spend and perhaps even overpay for. 

Edited by comicginger1789

I'd run them thru the carwash here first. 

Snap some pictures, put your price and see what sells at the price you want here in the Marketplace. You come out ahead by avoiding the 20% cut CLINK takes (is it 20% I always forget)

Then send what ever didnt sell to CLink. 

Not that much extra work and you maximize your return (plus you get some cash quicker from board sales than waiting for CLINK)

Edited by miraclemet

9 hours ago, mackenzie999 said:

Hi everyone...

Thanks!

1. Can I/we see pics of the TOS39 and do you have an ask price in mind?

2. Clink will take 10% of the proceeds. HA will take 30%. Not sure how it makes any sense to consider anything other than Clink except for.....

3. Try the boards - doesn’t always work but you can save on fees if you get your price 

I think it's worth posting your big books here first.  Research their value, if they aren't slabbed use the spare a grade area and post. No commission, straight sale and if your not happy with the offers you can walk away and send it to an auction house.  

From a buyer perspective Clink and Mycomicshop are very good and easy to work with.  I've bought from both in the last year. 

Heritage must be great from a seller stand point because I haven't won anything from them in a decade lol. 

11 hours ago, mackenzie999 said:

I think the newest book is a GL/GA 76. They are mostly Marvel keys, again nothing major, with a smattering of Adams DC

Well, since they appear to be virtually all SA and BA books, I would definitely lean much more towards CL since this is more down their alley in terms of target customers.

Now, if it was GA books and not high end ones at that, I would lean more towards CC and only with HA if you have high 5-figure or 6-figure books.  (thumbsu

On 9/17/2020 at 10:41 AM, mackenzie999 said:

Hi everyone...

Thanks!

If they are in cgc holders, go for Clink! They provide a better return