• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM 1950's horror comic
2 2

27 posts in this topic

Time to do this.  

Returns: We do accept Free 14-Day returns on all Raw Comics-PLEASE SELECT JUST DIDNT LIKE IT AS THE REASON. Please call or message us BEFORE using the eBay Hassle-Free Return system to discuss your concerns, as sometimes we can come to an agreement without you needing to complete a return.

Edited by mysterymachine

Just now, mysterymachine said:

Time to do this.  

Returns: We do accept Free 14-Day returns on all Raw Comics-PLEASE SELECT JUST DIDNT LIKE IT AS THE REASON. Please call or message us BEFORE using the eBay Hassle-Free Return system to discuss your concerns, as sometimes we can come to an agreement without you needing to complete a return.

If I may ask, what was the seller grade?

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. I have never bought anything from him. Then the thread here broke and I received my package. I emailed him told him I thought it was maybe a 1.5 and his “cheerful reply” was “send it back and say you didn’t like it” as a reason. Obviously “not as described” so he doesn’t get hit by eBay. Oddly, it is a real tough book and I’m ok for the price I paid. I am planning to let it simmer, catch him off base and leave him a grading neg in a week or so. I don’t know how he gets so many positives. Are people blind?

E46355A3-7CE3-4E82-936A-AFA99D977352.jpeg

I also got this one. A 7.0 I figured maybe a 4.5. Very cheap and acceptable for what I paid. A second grading neg will be coming. 

The third one was graded 3.0 but was at least a 2.0. A neutral coming on this one. 

I really hate to not send them back but am glad to cross them off the list for what I paid. I just hate letting people like this get away with this. But, my honest feedback should send a clear message. 

Thanks for your opinions guys!

A80596B4-EFE4-466E-A40E-ABF87C17B86D.jpeg

I'd send the MDA back, It's a 1.0,1.5 at best if you accept that grade for a completely split spine. The book isn't that scarce, and there's a nice looking VG on ebay at a fair price with a BO option.

Neither book shown looks anywhere near the grade advertised, even without spine splits. the WDCS acceptably a 5.0 at best, and the MDA 3.5 tops, just based on pictures. The seller clearly doesn't know how to grade, or does and just figures he won't get hurt by seriously overgrading if the book looks like the picture, the problem being it doesn't even come close with the MDA. It's possible the spine was really weak and sheared in shipping, I just bought a book from a reputable seller that didn't appear to have a split in the pictures, which included an inside shot of the cover, but arrived split to the bottom staple. I wasn't happy, but as the book was maybe a 3.0 to start with, I could live with it being more like a 2.0 for the price, and will keep it. That's my general philosophy, if I still would have purchased a book for the same price after receiving it, I don't leave neg or neutral feedback, I just don't leave any at all, and try to remember who overgrades. There are sellers on ebay that routinely overgrade that I will still purchase from, but I just assume the book is 3 grades less than advertised (usually evident from the pix), and bit accordingly. Judging the prices such sellers get, I'm not the only one, as their stuff rarely sells for the FMV of the advertised grade.

And are that many people really willing to lie for the guy?  He posts in his auctions, "PLEASE SELECT JUST DIDNT LIKE IT AS THE REASON. " which is clearly saying "If you disagree with my overgrading, lie about it so you can save me money and I can keep scamming people."  

40 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

A 5.0? :whatthe:

Did the spine split in the mail?

His grading is actually maliciously bad.

7.0 on that Disney comic is outrageous too.

Maybe we all need to buy some cheap comics from him just to load him up with some Neg feedbacks.

His name is coming up WAY too much on the boards.

Cover detached and spine completely split? That's an easy 1.0 I think. The spine must've split in transit right? No dealer could possibly think this is a 5.0???

Even if the cover were attached, I would be furious at the 5.0 overgrading!

This book might actually grade at 1.8, based on CGC Head Grader Matt Nelson's recent statement on a CBSI YouTube video that the max a book can receive with a full spine split is 1.8. (If you tape it, he says the max would be 1.5.)

eBay sellers like this one are the reason I usually assume most raw books on the site are at least a grade lower than advertised, and I bid accordingly.

3 minutes ago, MBFan said:

This book might actually grade at 1.8, based on CGC Head Grader Matt Nelson's recent statement on a CBSI YouTube video that the max a book can receive with a full spine split is 1.8. (If you tape it, he says the max would be 1.5.)

eBay sellers like this one are the reason I usually assume most raw books on the site are at least a grade lower than advertised, and I bid accordingly.

I have to imagine if a book with a full spine split qualified as a 1.8, it would have to pretty nice otherwise, though I can remember when even some pretty sweet looking books would end up in a 1.0 holder if they had a completely split spine (and then end up as a 2.5 after some enterprising soul had run scotch tape up the spine).