• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PayPal Dispute
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Have a question for you all. I just sold a lot on eBay. The guy paid me really quick. Great. But I go into my Paypal account for the first time in awhile and see someone has requested $60 back for an item they say was never received. The name looks familiar but I haven’t sold anything in two years other then the recent sale. He sent the dispute on Aug 24. Is this a spam/hacked thing? Because I never sent anything out that wasn’t confirmed received.

Jim

Edited by awe4one

It can't be for the lot if you just sold it and the dispute was filed on Aug. 24. 

There has to be some indication on the dispute as to what the product was.  There's also a transaction number to check.  You would have received an email when you sold this supposed non-arriving item to compare info.  You should have also received an email at the time of the dispute, now 24 days old.  And you can always call PayPal to get the info you can't find.

18 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

It can't be for the lot if you just sold it and the dispute was filed on Aug. 24. 

There has to be some indication on the dispute as to what the product was.  There's also a transaction number to check.  You would have received an email when you sold this supposed non-arriving item to compare info.  You should have also received an email at the time of the dispute, now 24 days old.  And you can always call PayPal to get the info you can't find.

except paypal is not answering the phone.  go to their online chat.

25 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

I haven’t sold anything in two years or used PayPal.

Jim

It has nothing to do with the lot I just sold. It was on PayPal when checked it. The name is awful familiar though. Think he was one of my buyers from when I sold a number of comics I bought two years ago.

Jim

8 minutes ago, awe4one said:

I haven’t sold anything in two years or used PayPal.

Jim

Are you sure it was August 24 of this year?  Might have been long ago.  If there was no way to recover the funds at the time of the dispute, it might be still sitting there, waiting for funds to be available to settle the dispute.

Edited by Lightning55

Just now, Lightning55 said:

Are you sure it was August 24 of this year?  Might have been long ago.  If there was no way to recover the funds at the time of the dispute, it might be still sitting there, waiting for funds to be available to settle the dispute.

Yea. It was this year. Strange.

1 hour ago, awe4one said:

The name looks familiar but I haven’t sold anything in two years other then the recent sale.

Go into your settings, that gear-looking icon on the top right of the page, then check to make sure everything is as it should be. Nothing changed and no addresses, phone numbers or alternate emails added. 

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Go into your settings, that gear-looking icon on the top right of the page, then check to make sure everything is as it should be. Nothing changed and no addresses, phone numbers or alternate emails added. 

Yeah, I was going to suggest the same... make sure your PayPal was not broken into and used by someone else.