• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM122
3 3

14 posts in this topic

Is there some colour loss near the top edge above/on the Marvel banner? The ink seems to be from distributor spray and if there is colour loss, it is probably from that ink sticking to a comic on top and being peeled off back in the day.

8.5 from me. You have a wiggly staple...haha, I have a couple bronze age books with similar lil wigglers. 

20 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Seems to be printing "defect" along top edge

51 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Is there some colour loss near the top edge above/on the Marvel banner? The ink seems to be from distributor spray and if there is colour loss, it is probably from that ink sticking to a comic on top and being peeled off back in the day.

8.5 from me. You have a wiggly staple...haha, I have a couple bronze age books with similar lil wigglers. 

Hopefully its a printing defect. If not there goes the grade. The ink on the top of the book doesn't affect the grade that badly it seems.

6 minutes ago, waver99 said:

Hopefully its a printing defect. If not there goes the grade. The ink on the top of the book doesn't affect the grade that badly it seems.

That black ink spot is not a printing defect. It is from distributor spray. Some info can be found here

It appears like you have some of it pooling on the back, hence the black. And it appears in the banner that above "Comics" there is some colour loss, likely from that ink being wet and then hardening and then peeled off when the comic stacked on top was removed. It does affect the grade and here you can see how a major overspray can do so

However, yours is minor hence why it should still be able to garner a VF grade. 

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

That black ink spot is not a printing defect. It is from distributor spray. Some info can be found here

It appears like you have some of it pooling on the back, hence the black. And it appears in the banner that above "Comics" there is some colour loss, likely from that ink being wet and then hardening and then peeled off when the comic stacked on top was removed. It does affect the grade and here you can see how a major overspray can do so

However, yours is minor hence why it should still be able to garner a VF grade. 

Holy $&*#$) that ASM129 cover!

3 minutes ago, waver99 said:

Holy $&*#$) that ASM129 cover!

Hahah right? That is like a worst case scenario with overspray. Actually, I think I have seen a few with entire back covers painted blue. At any rate, that book without that much spray is probably a VF contender. Minor amounts though have had less effect. As mentioned in the thread 9.0+ books have been recorded with small amounts of spray.