• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Fall clean up thread: new books 9/25
3 3

71 posts in this topic

I've been buying a lot, and between space and cash, I need to sell some. I have singled this stack out as "non-core", so hopefully you all find something like. Some of them I have some price flexibility, some I don't...even if I want to get rid of them, a man's got his limitations. So, feel free to give me an offer, but first :takeit: trumps any ongoing PM negotiations.

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

US shipping via USPS 1st Class will be $4.50 for one raw book, and add $0.75 for each book up to four books. Then it's $8.05 legal size flat rate Priority envelope for more than four books.  If I can't fit them in the flat rate envelope, then we do a flat rate box at $15.05. Insurance is extra, and is at the discretion of the buyer. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you. I recently tried a "free shipping" thread over in Copper/Modern. It's still active. I didn't like the way that worked, so I won't try that again. But, if on the off chance you have something purchased in that thread, and you want to buy here, we will work out the shipping easy enough. Just PM me if you want to know in advance.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Front and back pics are included, but I am happy to snap close ups with my cell phone if you want a closer look at something else...just ask.

FREEBIES (if I decide to throw any in) are one per customer unless you clear it with me first (i.e. you buy a lot of other books, and I'll let you claim more than one FREEBIE).

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

Going to try and go mostly alphabetical. Feels like this will be mostly Gold, but it will range all the way up to late-Bronze.

Adventures Into The Unknown 140, 1963. Reader only at 2.5 or so, but there's a little guy with a green flame thrower on the cover.

$3  **NOW $2

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Archie 158, 1965. This one looks maybe 4.5, but there is some old moisture damage inside, and some damage to back top corner (fire? not sure). Tight and flat, but foxing, light soiling, a bit of fading. Probably more like 3.0. But it's a bikini cover, and Archie dresses up in drag.

$5  **NOW $3

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Archie's Mad House 36, 1964. This one has the first appearance of Salem The Cat. Lower grade copy, but complete. Cover is loose at bottom staple, and far from firm (though still attached) at the top. Lots of spine wear, and plenty of general wear. Small tape pull front and sizable tear back. Let's go with 2.5.

$10  **NOW $7

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Attack On The Planet Mars nn, 1951, Avon. Mylar all-star with a fully split and detached spine. Also a small chunk missing from bottom of the front cover with tear extending up from there. I am calling it 1.0, but "looks better in a mylar" as the saying goes.

$62  **NOW $55  **No longer for sale

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Captain Steve Savage Over Korea nn, 1950 Avon. 2.0 range on this book with some damage at the top staple. Book is very flat, and lays nicely for the grade. See the chip right side, and color loss bottom right cover, and dust shadow both front and back. 

$25  **NOW $20

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

1 minute ago, elibowman said:

Captain Steve Savage Over Korea nn, 1950 Avon. 2.0 range on this book with some damage at the top staple. Book is very flat, and lays nicely for the grade. See the chip right side, and color loss bottom right cover, and dust shadow both front and back. 

$25

Jeez,  I shook  him  up  so  much  he  forgot  the picture,  lol

Captain Steve Savage 2 (this is the 1st series), 1951 Avon. This one is a bit better at 3.0. Cover attached, but pulling. There is normal general wear, but nice and presentable, and certainly readable. 

$20  **NOW $15  **SOLD!

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

3 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Jeez,  I shook  him  up  so  much  he  forgot  the picture,  lol

Ha...I have already cracked my second frosty beverage of the afternoon, but I haven't gotten that loose yet. I prefer to type on the computer, and take pics on the phone. So, posting first, add pics second.